Ahhhh HUSBANDS! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ahhhh HUSBANDS! Ahhhh HUSBANDS!

Unread 09-23-2006, 02:42 PM
Ahhhh HUSBANDS!

Ohhh gosh I am so upset right now! I can hardly see straight. When it was decided that I was going to have the TVH and other things done I explained to my husband that this is a very private thing for me, and that I did not wish to announce to everyone what was occurring. I asked him to please not share unless he spoke to me. Today I found out he's been blabbing to everyone we know and that all of his coworkers know. Everyone was given all the intimate details. If he would have shared I was having surgery and left it at that it might not have been so bad but...everything? When I confronted him he said, "What's the big deal?" And I said, "Let's pretend that you were having surgery and you were having your testicles removed. Would you want all my girlfriends to know?" So currently he is out mowing the lawn and pouting because I am upset with him. I told him rightfully so.. I should be upset with him, and if he were a friend rather than my husband I would seriously consider never speaking to him again...but since we are and have been married so long I have no chocie but to accept the fact that he has breached my trust and did somehthing that I asked him not to do. I have no choice by to move on and forgive him...but I am defianely not happy about what he did. Ahh MEN !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Ahhhh HUSBANDS!

Honey I feel you pain,Men just don't seem to understand how personal things can be to use women. Sometimes I am ready to saw my dbf mouth shout. It seems to be a man thing about shooting there mouth off when we ask them to keep quite. It is like they are teen agers agin and have to tell allthere friends that the girl they went out with the night before gave it up.LOL I am sorry you are so upset but you did the right thing by confronting him about it and by letting him know how upset you were by him doing this. I hope things will get better for you. Good luck on you upcoming surgery. I will keep you in my thoughts.hugs and prayers!!
Unread 09-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Ahhhh HUSBANDS!

I'm so sorry that happened.
I hope you and your husband can work it out so you can feel like your getting the support you need during your recovery. What's done is done, but at the same time I think your DH needs to understand where you're coming from. It is a big deal! And I certainly hope he'll hear you out taking your feelings completely to heart.
Big Hugs,
Tink
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Ahhhh HUSBANDS!

I'm sorry this happened to you and that it's adding to your stress level. It seems from reading other posts that many men are at one extreme or the other... either talking too much when they shouldn't... or don't want to have any discussions when they should be talking/offering support. My BF was the latter. I applaud you for making your feelings clear. I hope after he realizes this is about you and stops pouting, he will be more understanding!
Unread 09-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Ahhhh HUSBANDS!

Hi Chris,

I am sorry your hubby blabbed everything. I think men just don't keep things to themselves as we do at times. Think about how they all fart when together LOL. You don't see us girls getting together and sitting and farting around each other right? lol

I don't think he meant to hurt you on purpose, but I understand you being hurt he told others something you asked him not to. But in marriage you go on and forgive. I'm sure he'll apologize to you when he quits pouting.

Hey, Monday is our big day....are you ready?????? I will be thinking of you!!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers

Hugs
Unread 09-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Ahhhh HUSBANDS!

After pouting a bit he did apolgize in a very funny way. I was out sitting on the deck, beautiful and 80 degrees here today. He said he was sorry and did not mean to hurt me and understand how I must have felt. Then he said, "I love you so very much. I would lasso the moon and give it to you if you wanted it." I said okay! "Give me the moon right here in the backyard. Right now! " Well the rest of the story is history and thankfully the backyard neighbors with the two story house that looks into our backyard...weren't home. Otherwise they would have gotten an eyeful! :smilie5:
Unread 09-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Ahhhh HUSBANDS!

Sorry I double posted!
Unread 09-23-2006, 05:09 PM
Ahhhh HUSBANDS!

Hi Chris,

I am glad he apologized to you. It shows he is sorry or he'd not of apologized. You gotta give him credit for that at least huh? He seems like he really does love you.

Good luck on Monday..are you ready???? I just want it over with already!!! i'll be thinking of you and praying for you.

Hugs
Unread 09-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Ahhhh HUSBANDS!

Yes, I am ready. I have cleaned, and shopped, and organized. Now is the time to get the Castle done and over with. I was scheduled in mid-June so it has been a long wait. I envy these ladies that get scheduled and things accomplised in 2-3 weeks.

Sister Angel take care and as I go under I'll say a prayer for you too. We are not in the same time zone so you'll be in progress or finished just about the time I am going under! See you on the other side!
Unread 09-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Ahhhh HUSBANDS!

Dejavu. Honest. At lunch today my DH (normally quite pleasant) made some remark. I don't even recall what it was. But it went straight through me. I responded "you just don't get it." His response -- "get what, what's the deal?" I asked him how he'd feel right now if his penis had been surgically removed. He answered with a slack jaw and said something about not really good... I said precisely. He's been back on track ever since.

Chris ~ What time do you have to go to the hospital. SisterAngel and I have talked about I'll be going under about the time she arrives I think... 7 CST.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register