oops - too funny | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

oops - too funny oops - too funny

Unread 02-17-2008, 02:31 PM
oops - too funny

I've been hot all day .... it feels like night sweats, but during the day. I'm NEVER hot - I'm the person that's always freezing (which is why I moved to Florida - to me anything below 60F is cold !).

My husband on the other hand is always warm - even up north when it was 30F he was "comfortable"

I couldn't understand it. Hubby was watching TV, said he wasn't hot. Then I got to thinking "hmmmmmmm, maybe I'm premenopausal - maybe I'd only have a year before menopause - maybe I should just wait it out instead of having surgery on Wednesday".

Hubby got up and went outside. Came in about an hour later and looked at the thermometer in the house. It was 82F indoors !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I thought I was getting out of this surgery ! HA

(I have to admit, I'm starting to get nervous, antsy, anxious and scared but I do still know this is going to be the best thing for me. I'm so tired of being hostage to my uterus and the 20 days of bleeding, spotting, and cramping each month - not to mention the constant bladder pressure and lower back pain).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2008, 03:05 PM
oops - too funny

Too funny!
Take a deep breath - it will be over soon!!

Best wishes with your surgery!

Unread 02-17-2008, 03:11 PM
oops - too funny

hi
i am having surgery the same day as you. I am having a TAH. that is funny about the temp in your home. I did almost the same thing the other day. We are so used to keeping it cool in the house and for some reason with this weather one day its 50 the next its 78, that i guess the thermostate switching got crazy. we had turned the heater on in the morning to get the chill out but never completely turned it off or back to cool, so it was hot and there i am thinking it was a hotflash. finally my 12 year old came in and said "why is the heater on?" not looking forward to the after effects of this surgery but can't wait to have it. i have dealt with severe pain for over a year. thankfully, (and i don't understand why) i haven't had heavy bleeding except for the last period i had when they put me on depo shots. but the pain has managed to control my life for the last year. like you, i am nervous and i am trying not to get anxious. the Bible says "do not be anxious about anything but with thanksgiving lift up your request to the Lord". I am trying to focus on that. I am starting to get sick and I feel awful and don't want them to cancel my surgery- I am doing all the things I can without taking meds.- lots of fluids, orange juice, soup, flannel pjs and warm blankets. No temp so that is a blessing. But through all of this, I am reminded that I need to just trust God that He will carry me through this trial. I will be thinking of all my "sisters" having surgery the same day as I am.
blessings
marta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2008, 05:06 PM
oops - too funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by mew68
I will be thinking of all my "sisters" having surgery the same day as I am.
blessings
marta
Marta - I'll hold your hand and you hold mine and we'll be just fine - is that a deal ?

I know the Lord brought me away from the surgery 5 years ago and that now is the RIGHT time for it. I think most of the reason is that I hadn't found a doctor I was comfortable with or trusted. On the more "earthy" side I really WAS praying for an early menopause ! And last year I needed to have a minor surgery so that got me over the fear of being under anesthesia and hospital recovery rooms. So I feel more prepared now, and I know that we'll both be fine. Its the "getting there" that's getting to me now !

We have a date on the post op forum, ok ?

(ps - the air conditioner is on now. and my Chillow is waiting on my bed - I love that Chillow !!! I've been using it every night for two weeks .... its so ... um .... COOL ! I have to have my body bundled under blankets when I sleep but I love my face to be cool - the Chillow is perfect !)
Unread 02-17-2008, 05:09 PM
oops - too funny

I also had a little incident today. This weekend my DH and kids have been cleaning like crazy. I was vacuming up the last of bit of dust bunnies with the hose part and smelled rubber burning... My new slipper got caught under the brush part UGH...who knows how!! So I guess off to the store for another pair.
Unread 02-17-2008, 05:11 PM
oops - too funny

JoAnn
Its a date. I will see you on the other side. Please pray for me. I just took my temperature and i have a temp. I so don't want to have to postpone this. Too long planning and waiting. I am so nervous that this will hinder my surgery. NOt wanting to take any meds until I call the doctor tomorrow. I haven't taken a pain pill today because i was trying to stay away from that in case i get to take some cold stuff. i am praying this is not the flu!
I am miserable right now!
thanks for the encouragement though. chillow? i was wondering if that worked. i am so about the heating pad right now because it does help my pain......but i am sure i will want something cool very soon.
Unread 02-17-2008, 05:12 PM
oops - too funny

LOL Nicole - I admire your diligence ! Vacuuming was on my "to do" list in prep for surgery. It got axed -- (a) I'd need to be superwoman to finish everything on the list and (b) I needed stuff to keep DH busy since he's taking a week off to help me LOL

I hope the replacement slippers are as comfy and cozy as can be - after all, we DO need to pamper ourselves !!
Unread 02-17-2008, 05:17 PM
oops - too funny

i'm with you Joann, I tried to have this plan to get all my house cleaned up pre-op but i started stressing about it. my famiy will be able to clean up while they wait for me to get home (18,17 and 12 year old are great helpers. I decided to just sit back and rest since I am now sick! I just try to not look at all the stuff that needs picking up. lol

nicole-lol sorry to hear about your new slippers hope the new ones are even better.
Unread 02-17-2008, 07:58 PM
oops - too funny

Ladies, do not stress about your house being perfect before your surgery. I have been unable to do much housework for 3 months now, due to back issues. It only took about a month to get used to the lower level of cleanliness. My surgery is next week. After 4-6 weeks of recovery, my doc will release me to the spine surgeon for that surgery. The way I figure it, the house will simply stay in this approximate condition until May.
You have to take time off after the surgery for recovery...and the house will get dirty. No matter how much the others say they will clean, it just won't be as good as when you do it...give up now, save the stress!
Instead, think about how nice it will be to plan that beach vacation for this summer, and not have to worry about scheduling around the visits from Aunt Flo!

My own temp story- I am the warmer one in the house, my sig other is the cold one. He turns up the thermostat "just a little" and I tell him to go put another layer on.
I complained about our gas bill budget going up and it getting so expensive to heat the house that we were going to get ceramic heaters, and he needed to get more long johns (he lives in them from the 1st hit of a chill until June, I swear!) One day I get home from work, I'm going about the usual-take care of the animals, start dinner...I go to sit down and I am so hot...sweaty, even. I am thinking I must be having those hot flashes, it wasn't that hot in the kitchen. I'm about to go dig out summer clothes and I happen to look at the thermostat...it's up to 78! Holy crap...we keep it about 65-68. And he denied turning it up that high, said he only put it up a little.

I am thinking about getting one of those lock boxes for it...or better yet, make the one on the wall a dummy and put the real control hidden in the basement...
Unread 02-17-2008, 09:29 PM
oops - too funny

Yep - the house isn't clean but my recovery area is all set up and there's plenty of chocolate in the fridge so I'm set !

I've been making chicken soup once a week for the past two weeks. I plan on having lots of chicken broth over the next three days. I hear ya Marta on not wanting this postponed .... we're almost there and we're going to MAKE IT on our dates !

OhioCatLover - I love the fake control box idea.

Tomorrow's "to do" list is limited to last minute shopping and R&R. Tuesday I have to work in the morning and then I have my pre-op appts in the afternoon. I'm pretty sure the rest of the day will be bowel prep and the results of that LOL

Wednesday is "the day" --- bye bye uterus, fibroids and pain ! thursday I start my new life !!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register