New to the Club | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New to the Club New to the Club

Unread 02-13-2002, 09:03 PM
Recovery Time

I am scheduled for an LSH on 03-07-02. Like many of you I have found this site is great and am sharing it with people like myself who will find it useful. I really appreciate all the information made available to us. I have been told that my recovery time is 2 to 4 weeks. Is this a realisitic time period for the surgery I am having done. A lot of women I know who have had SAH procedures done have required a lot more recovery time. Any information would be great! Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2002, 05:15 AM
New to the Club

Hi LINOR,
Welcome to HysterSisters and to Pre-Op.
A good place to start is with the Pull-Down Menus by clicking on the following link and scrolling down to the bottom of that page.
https://www.hystersisters.com/

Post your questions and concerns here in Pre-Op prior to your surgery. Also, write down your questions to ask your doctor so you don't forget what to ask.

I did not have a LSH. You should ask your doctor when you will be able to return to work. Please don't return until the doctor gives you permission. Recovery from hysterectomy is generally 6-8 weeks.
Unread 02-14-2002, 08:08 AM
New to the Club

Thank you for the information. My doctor has told me my recovery from this procedure is usually 2-4 weeks. I would like to hear from other women who have had the same procedure to find out how they felt at 2 weeks. I am planning on 4 at this point.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register