Another infection- lots of pain-Suggestions??? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Another infection- lots of pain-Suggestions??? Another infection- lots of pain-Suggestions???

Unread 02-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Re: Another infection- lots of pain-Suggestions???

Still waiting on CT results and feeling better as long as I don't eat foods. I have discovered that for some reason, food is making things much worse. I am beginning to suspect that either my Crohn's or IBS is acting up. It doesn't really seem like it would be a UTI problem with it being better not eating. I just know that when I eat I start getting really really bad abdominal pain. I really hope that either the CT shows something or my gi doctor can figure it out on Friday. Until then I am just hanging in there.
Thanks everyone for all the kind thoughts. You make me feel so much better. This is bearable because of your kind thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2010, 08:22 AM

Bless your heart! I know exactly what you are going through, and it is extremely painful! I too got a bladder infection after TLH. The 1st antibiotic I was prescribed was the wring type for the bacteria, it was called in without a urine sample, after 3 days on this antibiotic things got severly worse, I was in so much pain I could not sleep, I couldnt control my bladder, (was leaking urine) and was having bladder spasms. On the 4th day, I called my Doc's office as soon as they opened to let him know I had gotten No relief from the antibiotic (should have seen a difference in 3 days if it were working) Doc prescribed a different antibiotic and I could feel that this one was working within a couple of days, granted I was not 100% by any means. I was miserable, the pressure and pain is almost unbearable. I drank all the water I could possibly stand to keep my bladder flushed, AZO for urinary pain (over the counter) can be found on the feminine products aisle, helped some with the burning during urination. Heating pad works to relieve a little, nothing will make you comfortable, only take the edge off. With the right anitbiotic, pain med. & AZO you are looking at a minimum of 10 days of recovery for the bladder infection. Hang in there, it will get better, I felt like I was gonna die I hurt so bad with the bladder infection, it was worse than the surgery pain! Since this was only the second time in my life having a bladder infection, the other being 20 years ago, I did not recognize my symtoms at first, I just thought I was uncomfortable due to surgery. My Doc says the cathater caused the bladder infection and its not uncommon when your bladder is invaded with such. Hope this helps you, if you haven't felt like your getting better after 3 days on the antibiotic, you need to call your Doc and go in for a urine culture, so they know what kind of bacteria they are dealing with, therefore get you on the right antibiotic, so you can begin to heal. I know you are in severe pain, my prayers are with you.
Unread 02-09-2010, 10:35 AM

Oh My Goodness Zen,
I am so sorry that you only feel better when you don't eat. I am certainly praying for you and for your pain to go away. I must say that the Detrol has helped me. The pain has gone from very intense to being very much bearable.
I am thinking of you daily.
Unread 02-09-2010, 05:55 PM

I am so glad the Detrol has helped you thms80. Unfortunately for me I had very bad side effects when my urologist prescribed it a few years ago. I am currently taking tons of probiotics, AZO, drinking lots of water, and just hoping this improves. It seems like this is either a medication issue or a gi problem. The pain is so darn sharp and stabbing at times. I ate a little food last night and OMG I was in agony for hours!! I had a heating pad on and just kept praying it would get better. I also took pain meds for it. I am seeing my gi doc on Friday and praying he has an idea. I can't believe this. And to top off all of this, I now have an ear ache and my sinuses are killing me again!!! Just what I really need, another infection. I just can't seem to get healthy. I am going to use my heating pad again tonight and hope it helps my muscles relax as I am getting the cramping again. This really,really stinks. I want to be healthy.
Unread 02-09-2010, 09:44 PM

Zen, how are you feeling? I hope a little better, although, it really don't seem like it. I just thought of something, what about your gull bladder? Has anyone checked for that? I know before I had mine taken out, that is kinda what it felt like. I swear, the night I had my gull bladder attack, it was almost worse than child birth. I hope you are doing well. HUGS
Unread 02-10-2010, 05:46 PM

Thank you horselover. I had my gall bladder removed about ten years ago. And yes, a gall bladder attack is horrible. I was in so much pain that I was almost screaming in pain in the er. Today I discovered I have yet another infection. It is causing horrible pain in my ear. My doctor prescribed some drops for it. She is sending me to a TMJ expert due to swollen jaw.
I am still having a lot of pain if I try to eat. Drinking Boost is getting me through but god would I kill for a hamburger. Looking at other people's food is torture. I want it!!! Today i am trying pop tarts for dinner because I am so hungry. I am eating very slowly and just trying to listen to my body. Hopefully this will improve or my gi doc will know what is wrong on Friday. I just don't know why the pain has travelled to the other side of my body.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register