Pain worse at night | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain worse at night Pain worse at night

Unread 10-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Pain worse at night

I am 18 days post a total robotic hysterectomy and my pain gets significantly worse at night. It is such a problem because I end up not sleeping all night and feel awful the next day, with little if no energy. I have tried taking pain meds but these not always take the pain away (I am not sure why). I have also tried taking Tylenol and Benadryl, and tonight I will try a sleeping pill. I was wondering if anyone has a similar problem and how they manage their nighttime pain...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2013, 01:02 AM
Re: Pain worse at night

Anytime I've ever had pain, it was always worse at night for me, including with my hysterectomy. If your pain meds aren't working well enough to take care of your pain, you need to let your doctor know. Have you been taking ibuprofen? If your doctor allows it, that may help with inflammation. It is common to have difficulty sleeping after a hysterectomy. Many ladies get frustrated with it, but it does get better. It is also common to have little or no energy during the day at 18 days post-op. Fatigue is one of the rougher side-effects of hysterectomy. Have you tried a heating pad or ice? in there. It gets better.
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:31 AM

I also suffer from this. Wondering if it is trapped gas pain as nothing seems to shift it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2013, 01:32 AM

Sleep issues have definitely plagued me but I just sleep during the day. When I get closer to joining the real world I will then try to sort the sleeping issue but for now, I don't worry about it.

The pain feels worse at night (I think for me anyway) because there is less to distract me. So I tend to "take stock" and think hmmmm NOW I am hurting. I was probably hurting all along but was sidetracked.
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:27 PM

Ugh...the insomnia is so frustrating! The only thing I can think is that I'm so inactive during the day, I'm just not tired enough at night. On the other hand, I can only handle being on my feet for so long before the pain becomes too much.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register