What did everyone do at the 3 weeks post op point? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What did everyone do at the 3 weeks post op point? What did everyone do at the 3 weeks post op point?

Unread 01-22-2006, 04:17 AM
What did everyone do at the 3 weeks post op point?

Hello everyone,
I am confused by all the different info about what I should and shouldn't be doing at this point? I am cooking meals with help and washing up and going out most days. (in car) Am walking anything between 15 and 40 minutes a day. Is this too much or about right. Apart from always being tired and getting very sore and achy in the evening I am ok. What did everyone else do at this stage? I don't want to overdo it and make things worse later, but am fed up sitting around!
Good luck in your recoveries everyone
Herne

TAH 3rd Jan for fibroid and adhesions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2006, 06:36 AM

I remember getting a surge of energy at your point. For me, I would not even realize how tired I was and then in the middle of something start crying for no reason. At week 4, I had to really slow down again. It sounds like you feel great and that is wonderful!
Unread 01-22-2006, 06:50 AM

Hello- I had my hysto the same day as you. I am careful not to lift anything heavy but I don't see anything wrong with doing everything in moderation that you mentioned. I am going to iron some every day. Wish my stomach would go down. I feel so big and bloated. Take care. Cath
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2006, 06:59 AM

I'm in week 3 also.. I'm using the Swelly Belly Band now and find it helpful when walking around. I started a routine of walking 15 minutes every hour...just trying to increase stamina...was a little too much so I'm reducing it ...not sleeping very well at night...so I'm trying not to nap during the day, just lay down instead twice a day..we'll see how that goes...I have it in my mind to return to Work by Thursday, maybe 1/2 days...Im in Sales so it make work out...I need the money. 4 weeks with no income(live alone) is getting tight. Just Don't pick up things, the harm is on the inside and you may not know it, (ie internal bleeding) to REFRAIN from that idea. Good luck with your healing!
Unread 01-22-2006, 10:05 AM

I think I was doing much the same as you at 3 weeks. Walking a bit for exercise, cooking with help, some days taking a backwards step. I think just listen to your own body. Rememeber to get someone to do the heavy stuff. I wasn't cleaning at all at this stage, and I did get bored but it's not worth risking the good healing, is it?
Unread 01-22-2006, 10:42 AM

Well i did all that stuff at 3 weeks. my doctor said i could do a little of whatever i felt up to, but no heavy lifting, vacumming or sweeping. i have been doing cooking, some light cleaning and laundry. so far so good. i too find that i get tired very quickly. best of luck in your recovery.
Unread 01-22-2006, 03:06 PM

If you feel good and know your limits then i say your doing very well! Just remember when your tired slow down. Your body still needs plenty of rest at this point. Walking is good for you. I remember walking, and pulling weeds out of flower beds at that time getting ready for spring. Just remember know your limits!
Unread 01-22-2006, 03:24 PM

I am in week 3 as well. It is comforting to read that some of you feel the same as me. I am having difficulty sleeping at night, though I cut out naps. My ObGyn prescribed Ambien to see if it would help. Believe it or not, as strong as those things are I am still up several times a night. I am supposed to start back 1/2 days tomorrow. I get achy in the evening and to be perfectly honest I am a nervous wreck about tomorrow. I work with all ladies and 1 man (the boss) and none of them have had a hyster. 2 of the girls have had a c-section which is the next closest thing, and they are the most sympathetic. I cry all the darn time for no reason and I am scared to death it is going to happen when I am with a patient. Advice, comments, well wishes are all welcome.
Unread 01-22-2006, 05:22 PM

I have been going to the gym and only walking on the treadmill at 2.7 MPH for 30 minutes, gone to the mall and grocery shopping all in one day. Sleep through the night. My only problems are my bladder (may have a UTI-went to the doctor and waiting to hear) and my stomach feels tight. It is hard not to do more. I feel like I can, but I don't want to harvest any adhesions!
Unread 01-22-2006, 10:19 PM

Hi, I also had my total hysterectomy done Jan.3. It is hard to know how much to push yourself because the healing is in the inside. So we don't know if to push harder or not. I too get tired. I go out for a couple of hours and come home to collapse. Are all of you going out and making your normal life already? I still don't feel I can. I bought myself a girdle type that helps hold my belly and back. This helps a lot for support. This is taking soooo slow, right?
Good recovery to everyone.
Btay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register