My libido is back full force | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My libido is back full force My libido is back full force

Unread 11-27-2008, 07:50 PM
My libido is back full force

UGH and I cant have sex for at least another 3 weeks. I told DH something needs to be done He said he would take care of it tonight LOL .. But no sex of course there is other ways to get the BIG O .. Dh however is not happy that he wont get to follow through. I told him there is other ways for him but he is so afraid I will hurt myself :confuse: What a guy I have
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2008, 08:22 PM

LoveBears65,

At age 48, I thought my sex drive was gone forever....years ago! I feel that I have a new lease on my sex life. I think my hormone levels had been too low for years and being on a hormone patch as really brought me back to normal. I feel like a newlywed again!

I'm so glad there are other ways to get the BIG O. I'm not good at helping my husband get there since we can't have intercourse. He was worried about hurting me too. However, laying on my side with him pressing in behind me and moving between my legs worked really well.
Unread 11-28-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebears65
UGH and I cant have sex for at least another 3 weeks. I told DH something needs to be done He said he would take care of it tonight LOL .. But no sex of course there is other ways to get the BIG O .. Dh however is not happy that he wont get to follow through. I told him there is other ways for him but he is so afraid I will hurt myself :confuse: What a guy I have :
Just tell him he can pay you back ten fold when you are able
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2008, 06:51 PM

Mine was sky high starting at 1 week! I was miserable for awhile.
Unread 12-04-2008, 03:43 PM

So is it okay to have the BIG "O" just no intercourse right. I can't believe how much of a libido I am having I haven't had one I really think ever. I have a had such a hard time with intercourse from day 1 many years ago. I have never really enjoyed it so I am hoping now at 33 I really will especially considering how I have been feeling the past couple of days.
Unread 12-04-2008, 04:21 PM

Well i guess its ok. He did take care of it. He was worried when I told him that I had to have another surgery, He thought he was going to have to wait another 6 weeks but doctor said no , I can still have sex at the 6 week mark
Unread 12-04-2008, 04:35 PM

I was wondering about the big O too, I am only 9 days post-op but am feeling a rush of emotions physically. I cant believe I may get my sex drive back. I havent dare mention it to my dh, he would be doing back flips if he knew!

I am still terrified at the thought of intercourse, I wont be having any until I get the clear from my ob/gyn at 6 weeks, but as far as petting and such... I dont know if I will be able to hold off much longer!
Unread 12-04-2008, 04:41 PM

It's really important that you each call your own doctor to ask what is and is not allowed. Assuming any sexual activity is okay based on experiences of strangers on the internet doesn't seem very wise.

It's not unusual to have a surge in libido post-op. If your doctor didn't cover sexual activity in your post-op orders, call and find out what you can and can't do. No doubt the doctor has heard the question before so there's no need to feel embarrassed. My doctor's orders were very clear--nothing in the vagina/complete pelvic rest.

Here are some links to information worth reading:

Sex - Do I Really Have to Wait Six Weeks?

Sex - Post-Op Libido and Sexual Activities

Post-Op Sex Checkpoint

Best wishes as you continue to heal!

Unread 12-04-2008, 05:15 PM

Good point! April Dawn, thanks for the wise words!
Unread 12-04-2008, 05:15 PM

I'm glad I saw this thread, I've been starting to notice these feelings rising.. and I knew it was 'no' to intercourse, but wasn't sure about anything else.
This site is beyond awesome. The articles April Dawn mentioned have put my mind at ease and I can continue on quietly and gently towards my post-op appt in two weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register