planking to strengthen core muscles | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

planking to strengthen core muscles planking to strengthen core muscles

Unread 03-25-2012, 08:15 PM
planking to strengthen core muscles

I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions about planking which is an exercise to strengthen core abdominal muscles and sides. I use to do planking daily for awhile
before my hysterectomy surgery. I now have 17 days post op and ime wondering if this exercise is okay to do as all you do be face down then raise up on elbows and toes and hold the position while holding in stomach for a few min at intervals. does anyone know this exercise and is it safe to do. Also my other question is my concerns bout my bladder, ive read on here bout some women who have had bladder prolapse after surgery. i think mine is okay and ime wondering what is the cause of bladder prolapse if you had no problems before and your surgery went well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Re: planking to strengthen core muscles

You are still very early into your recovery so I would check with your physician before you do any abdominal exercises. I can tell you that when I went to my doctor 3 weeks postop he advised not to do any sit ups of any kind. I know that planking is not a sit up but you are still using the abdominal muscles. There are a lot of internal stitches and you really don't want to "undo" anything.
Unread 03-25-2012, 10:52 PM

Please please check with your doctor before doing ANY kind of abdominal exercises. You are not even a month post op yet. Give yourself time to heal, there will be plenty of time for tightening up those ab muscles once you are completely healed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2012, 05:03 AM

thankyou ladies for your replies to my question. i am so glad for this site, you all have been such a wonderful support during this time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register