Day 13 not sleeping well and depressed. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Day 13 not sleeping well and depressed. Day 13 not sleeping well and depressed.

Unread 06-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Day 13 not sleeping well and depressed.

I have had a pretty easy time as far as pain, bleeding and so on. On day 10 I started to feel cramping! Day 11 more cramping and day 12 and 13 bleeding. If I didn't know better I would swear I have a uterus and a hard perios as far as the gramps, even into my back. Called the dr off, they feel I probably just over did it. Well first off, it feel so **** good in the morning that I feel I could run, but I don't. I walk two times a day, twenty minutes each, then I Amon the couch the rest of the time. Bleeding is subsiding again today's hitch is dy 14. I am not sleeping well, I am very tired but can't close my eyes or my brain. No naps during the day like I thoughts would be doing. And the last thing, I am very depressed , feel like there is nothing to look forward to, no hope, not sure why. I started the patch on day one low dose as I did have everything taken out. Not sure why I feel this way when I felt so good the first week, to the point where you wouldn't know i had a total lavh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Re: Day 13 not sleeping well and depressed.

You remind me of myself, except I got to keep my ovaries so I avoided the hormonal craziness
I bled too about 10 days post-op - it's scary but normal, apparently, just some scar tissue or stitches coming away. The cramps are normal too - have they given you strong enough painkillers? I particularly needed them at night as the stretching in my scar tended to wake me up. I didn't sleep very well either - I think the enormity of losing my uterus (it had to be done very quickly as I had a high cancer risk) hit me more at night, and the lack of activity during the day meant I wasn't tired enough.... even though I didn't have much energy.
I think your depression could be related to the menopausal syptoms starting up - you can get moodswings etc. The pain, insomnia etc. did go away in my case - after a couple of weeks I was ok, so I hope it will be the same for you. Perhaps you may need a higher dose of hormones though and could discuss it with your doctor?
Good luck with everything!
Christina
Unread 06-12-2012, 02:45 PM

Thank you Christina, I am beginning to wonde if it is the low dose. I am going home in two weeks for a big family reunion for my parents 80th bays, I am praying I will be normal by then. As far as pain meds? I have more problems with my butt anda being constipated so I have not taken one since the first night. I have been able to handle it, wasn't bad for me, yet like I said, worse on day 11,12 and 13. Feel better today in that department, but lack of sleep and feeling like I don't want to see anyone or be with anyone tht is really getting to me. Tank you again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2012, 02:53 PM

Hope you feel better for the birthdays! I'd definitely have a chat with the doc about your hormone dose. Fingers crossed that you get your sleep pattern back to normal - a little nightcap before turning in helped me!
Unread 06-12-2012, 03:10 PM

I am 12 days post op I had a robotic LAVH and everything was perfect then a few days ago I started feeling very crampy, exhausted and sad -- I am having pain on my left lower side (pelvic and back) that radiates down my left hip and thigh -- I had this pain before the procedure so I don't know what is going on --- today I noticed that my left lower side is swollen going to the doctor in a few days for post op check-up -- but wanted you to know you are not alone
Unread 06-12-2012, 04:14 PM

Thank you both for your words of wisdom. Tkwatson, hoping you heal quickly
Unread 06-12-2012, 04:23 PM

You as well good days are ahead for us lol that's what I am holding on to

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register