Stinging Pain at hip? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stinging Pain at hip? Stinging Pain at hip?

Unread 11-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Stinging Pain at hip?

Over the last couple of days I have developed this stinging pain at my right hip. It feels like a raw sore like when you skin a knee or something, but its inside. It only hurts in certain positions, so I'm not taking pain meds for it specifically or anything. Does this sound like an internal stitch working its way out or something?

I see my doc on Wednesday, and since its not constant, I think I can wait until then to ask him about it.

Katy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Stinging Pain at hip?

I have had those symptoms on my left hip, and see many posts where it's usually the left hip. Always ask your doctor, but I tihnk it's common and nerve related.
Unread 11-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Stinging Pain at hip?

my gynae told me it was internal stitches and should settle down-i still get stinging pains on my right hip after iv walked alot. im nearly 12 wks gone and still question myself whether it should still be stinging-again it only does it in certain positions-.
i hope your doc reassures you that everything is ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2005, 08:38 PM
Stinging Pain at hip?

I am also having pain in my right hip. I am 7 1/2 weeks post op from a SAH. My discomfort is especially at night if I lie on that side for a long period of time. Lately, the pain from my hip seems to be radiating up my right side and into my back. I have my post op appt this Thursday-If the pain continues I am going to have to call sooner. I actually took one of my pain meds last night! I haven't taken any of those since my first week post op. I think it is nerve related. Hope you feel better. Keep me posted.

Lisa
Unread 11-26-2005, 10:11 PM
Stinging Pain at hip?

I have the same thing in my right hip. I had just posted earlier today talking about low back pain, too. I've actually had pain in my right hip over the course of this last year prior to surgery. I think our pain now is from surgery and from all the laying around we're doing. The other ladies mentioned on my post that it can also be our back compensating for our abdomen not doing as much work right now. Hope you get relief. Be sure to mention it to the dr, too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register