vag hyst 2/3 - wimpy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vag hyst 2/3 - wimpy vag hyst 2/3 - wimpy

Unread 02-08-2011, 02:11 PM
vag hyst 2/3 - wimpy

Trying not to be wimpy. Tired of hearing about how other women were doing everything back to normal within a week. My surgery went well, but then I got sick right as I was getting ready to go home. Dry heaves for 10 hours, dehydrated, hemglobin at 8, could not release fluids, yuk. home 2 days after surgery, did a few dishes today, folded a few clothes, cleaned tops and it puts me completly out of breath. I feel like my guts are all loose with no support. Taking iron pills. Wondering how long it will be before I can feel like I can walk up and down stairs and do a few things without feeling this way. I know the out of breath is prob due to anemia. How long doe it take for levels to return to normal. How long to take iron supplements? When will my guts feel secure? I feel bad that my DH has so much on his plate... I can only take so much of lifetime movies...:new I bofeel like since I had a vaginal hystorectomy I am not supposed to complain and be normal today...hhhmmmm....whats wrong with me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Re: vag hyst 2/3 - wimpy

I can relate to your situation. I had a hemoglobin of 5 after a transfusion of 3 units of red blood cells and a month of iron 3 times daily dose I was at 11 on hemoglobin. Hang in there it'll get better. Stay up on your iron supplements. I have had great results from Optiferen C. It doesn't constipate and it's easy on your stomach.

Take it easy on yourself and allow those who love you to help you.
Unread 02-08-2011, 02:47 PM

Nothing is wrong with you! You are anemic and your body is working hard to build new blood! I am right there with you. Had my TVH on Jan. 27th and a lap. surgery on the 28th to remove 1 to 1 1/2 liters of blood from my abdomen. After the second surg. my hemoglobin levels hit 5. They gave me 2 units of blood and by the time I left the hospital on the 30th my hemoglobin level was up to 7.5. Eating a lot of red meat and taking my iron pills (which thankfully contain a stool softner LOL!). Here it is Feb. 8th and I drove for the first time (20 min to take my kiddos to school) after that I was out for the count with a 2 hr nap. Our bodies need time to heal so take it easy and try to not push it too much. Nap when you need to and rest when you can. Not sure if my story helps you any, but I thought it might help you to know that you are not alone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2011, 03:45 PM

I agree, there's nothing wrong with you. I gave up trying to be "Super Woman" a while ago and my life is so much better.

So please don't put so much pressure on yourself, just do whatever it is that you feel comfortable doing for right now.

I had a DaVinci surgery which is supposed to give you a shorter recovery time, and I've read about ladies who had the same type of surgery who went back to work after 1 week! Then I read about someone who wants to start exercising again, and for a short while I started to feel like maybe I should be doing more...

But then my common sense kicked in.

There is no way that I'd be able to do any of that stuff any time soon... They tried to remove my uterus through my vagina as well, but my uterus ended up being too big (with multiple fibroids) and so they removed it from my belly button - yikes! And so even though I'm really not doing much, I'm still having vaginal bleeding every day since I've been home. The most that I've done is to move my laptop from the bed to the floor!

I have suffered with anemia for over 10 years and so I know what it's like for your body to build up it's blood supply.

So relax and do what's comfortable for you. Remember that we are uniquely designed and so we all heal at different rates and in different ways...

Unread 02-08-2011, 05:10 PM

Thanks...it really does help to hear of others in the same zone... glad someone told me about this site.
Unread 02-08-2011, 06:05 PM

No, you are definitely NOT alone! I am a little over a week out from my LAVH and my big day consists of getting the 3 kids up and off to school (I have to drive my daughter- other 2 walk to bus stop) and that's pretty much it. Oh- big day today- I DID get the coffee set up and ready to go off on the automatic timer tomorrow! That'll make hubby happy when he realizes he doesn't have to make it in a.m.!

We had a thread a couple pages back- she had titled it "dVH/RALH- Thought I'd be feeling better by now"... Somebody said that she wanted to join our club as she didn't feel part of the "Happy Healers" club- so we dubbed those of us in the slower recovery mode the "Pitiful Post-Opers" - LOL! NOT that we are pitiful- just having fun- we do need to feel okay to heal at our own pace though!

Amy
LAVH- 1/31/2011

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register