Off To See The Wizard... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Off To See The Wizard... Off To See The Wizard...

Unread 05-03-2001, 12:34 PM
Off To See The Wizard...

Yes, tomorrow this time I should be in my own room asking for room service. I am so glad I found all of you before I went through this because I learned a lot that I know will make things a lot smoother. Today I am on clear liquids and doing my prep routine but after hearing all of the positive reasons from all of those who have been to the castle before me, I am looking at it as just one step closer to feeling good again. No more heavy bleeding, no more pain, no more pads so thick they feel like a diaper. I took some time today to write down phone numbers for my DH to have at hospital to call family out of state with progress reports. The only thing missing is words of comfort and a hug from Mom. Do we ever get past that? I miss her the most at times like these even though I am a big girl of 47. Well, my bag is packed here in the land of Oz! Spice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2001, 12:38 PM
Off To See The Wizard...

Good luck to you, Spice! I will be joining you next week-you have lots of good positive thoughts on this and that helps all us pre-ops so much! Thanks for that-I wish you the best and sending you <<HUGS>>
Unread 05-03-2001, 12:48 PM
Off To See The Wizard...

Quote:
Originally posted by Spice
No more heavy bleeding, no more pain, no more pads so thick they feel like a diaper.
Spice, What do you mean FEEL like a diaper? There were days when I actually wore Depends over my 2 super pads and panties! Yes, my dear, you are going to be feeling so much better very soon.

I'm sending healing thoughts for an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery. We'll be looking forward to hearing all about your trip to the castle as soon as you are feeling better.

Lots of hugs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2001, 12:59 PM
Off To See The Wizard...

Good luck tomorrow Spice. I also go in tomorrow. I have a question to ask you. Why are you on a clear liquid diet and what do you have to do to prep? My dd told me I could eat whatever I want and I didn't need to prep.
Unread 05-03-2001, 02:30 PM
Why The Prep

I guess every DR. is different but mine feels that the lower bowel should be clear before surgery so that's why clear liquids and laxatives I have been told that it will also help me not to have as much gas. Spice
Unread 05-03-2001, 03:06 PM
Off To See The Wizard...

Good luck to you tomorrow. You will feel so much better very soon. I'm 16 days post-op for TAH/BSO, and I, too, could not have survived the pre-op jitters without this group.

Know what you mean about Moms. Mine died 17 years ago, and to this day I miss her touch, her comfort, and her words of wisdom. Guess that's why I am so conscious of giving my children as much love as I can now...I know how they will miss the warmth of a mother.

Look forward to hearing from you on this side!

Hugs from Texas,

Michele
Unread 05-03-2001, 06:17 PM
{{{{HUGS}}}}

We'll all be thinking of you tomorrow and sending good thoughts. You will wake up and all that stuff will be behind you!!! Just remember to REST, drink lots, and take it easy. You're almost there, and it's really true that this waiting is the worst part.

dmc33: Every doctor has specific reasons for the pre-op instructions each patient is given. Please be sure to follow exactly what your doctor tells you regarding prep/or no prep...there are reasons for it.

Sending love and s to you!!

Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register