My body aches | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My body aches My body aches

Unread 05-05-2007, 03:47 AM
My body aches

So I am sitting here 4:30 in the morning. I can't sleep because my body aches. My incision does not hurt. It just aches in the rest of my body. My legs, arms and back. Does any one else have this? It drives me nuts.
I had TAH on April 23d.

Helti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2007, 08:03 AM
My body aches

Hi there,
Yeah, I know what you mean. My body aches like crazy too. If you read the 3-4 week post op checkpoint thingy you'll notice that having an achey back is due to decrease in activity and that your back muscles are compensating for your tummy muscles. Do your legs hurt too? I'm thinking it's because we're so used to running around like crazy that this inactivity is causing our bodies to sort of "seize" up. Heating pads help....and ice cream. Trust me!!
Hope you feel better.
Unread 05-05-2007, 08:19 AM
My body aches

I had my TVH on 4-2 and I had the bad achy body the first two weeks. I know what helped me was getting up and walking about a week post op. I would walk inside the house for about 10 minutes at a time a few times a day until I built my energy up to walk more and I would go outside and walk around the house. The way the had me positioned in surgery and the lying around and sitting were making me that much more sore and I would have severe pains in sides of my legs and in my back. i couldn't take it anymore. Getting up walking and breathing the fresh air did wonders for my body and my well being. So now at nearly 5 weeks post op I don't even feel like I had surgery. the only problem I am having is pms symptoms today but I can handle that. It is wonderful not having the horrendous bleeding, pain and cramps now. Hang in there!! You will feel alot about soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2007, 08:28 AM
My body aches

Hi,

I had my LSH-BOS on april 6th and have also been suffering from the body aches. Sometimes i feel as if I've been run over by a truck.
Unread 05-05-2007, 09:20 AM
My body aches

Helti, I had the same experience as you after my hyst.
Mine was more severe however. I am still coping with body/bone pain. It seems to have gotten worse in the last 8 or so months after the hyst. I couldn't sleep at night. I finally broke down at my Dr's office and confessed the problem. Now I take Evista and Trazadone. The combo seems to help the bone/body pain and helps me sleep. I had my first real night of sleep last night in months. The Evista has been wonderful for me. It is fixing my bones and preventing a breast cancer recurrance. The Trazadone helps me sleep and reduces my pain. Finally I can rest!
Bottom line, if you can't sleep and your body hurts alot; it may be normal, but it doesn't mean you have to suffer alone. Your Dr can perscribe something short term for you. Good luck! J
Unread 05-05-2007, 09:38 AM
My body aches

I have what I call my "getting up" pain. Trying to be careful about turning over in bed makes me feel like a contortionist in the morning.
I take my vitamins, Gas-X, and Ibuprofen every morning, my "getting up" pain meds.
Unread 05-05-2007, 11:09 AM
My body aches

Quote:
Originally Posted by griselle
Hi,

I had my LSH-BOS on april 6th and have also been suffering from the body aches. Sometimes i feel as if I've been run over by a truck.
That describes how I feel, although my dh said I looked like a train and a truck ran over me.
Unread 05-05-2007, 12:22 PM
My body aches

ha ha ha. good one about the train and the truck. that made me laugh. thanks!!
Unread 05-05-2007, 06:57 PM
My body aches

Thanks for all the notes. It does make me feel better to know that the aches are "normal".
I dread having to lie in bed all night tonight. My left leg really bothers me. I hate feeling all stiff too when I wake up. I guess I willl have to take some drugs to "knock me out" tonight.

Helti
Unread 05-05-2007, 08:44 PM
My body aches

mmmm. drugs are good. pain is bad.
have a good nite's sleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register