Great. Issues with Short Term Disability. STRESSED! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Great.  Issues with Short Term Disability.  STRESSED! Great. Issues with Short Term Disability. STRESSED!

Unread 03-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Great. Issues with Short Term Disability. STRESSED!

Hi everyone.

I got a call today from the disability people, saying my doctor said I'd be back at work on March 4th.

WHAT?!??! I'm not even officially cleared to drive yet!

Of course my doctor office closes at noon on Friday. Got my dr. himself on his cell, explained the situation, and his nurse will fax up all the info on Monday. And then the disability people will decide IF they will approve it or not!!!!

Now I am worried. My boss is infamous for "edging people out" and he's sneaky...and as of yesterday and today I was AWOL for work! I left him v/m and email, as well as the disability people, and I am so stressed.

Anyone been through anything like this?

xoxox
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2009, 01:47 PM

I know it is going to be really hard but try not to let yourself worry about this over the weekend.

I am sure it is just a silly mistake on the paperwork and the Dr's Office will get it all sorted out for you on Monday.
Unread 03-06-2009, 01:55 PM

I am glad you brought up this subject I just assumed everything was okay with my disability due to they had everything prior to 2-24 . I just called them and they said it was still pending she was not sure why she said it should of gone thru already and she left a message for my benefits rep to call me back .. I agree with katy there must be an error with the doctors office .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2009, 02:37 PM

Linda,

I am so sorry someone dropped the ball on this. Don't worry too much. Your can call the office on Monday and clear it all up. And in turn, they can fix things with your boss.

I wouldn't worry. #1 you are a female and #2 you just had a MAJOR surgery. If your boss is SMART, HE will, or the HR dept is going to tell him to back off!

Sorry you have to go in to the weekend with this in your head.

Unread 03-06-2009, 06:41 PM

In the U.S. the Family Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA) grants eligible employees the right to take 12 work weeks of job-protected leave (unpaid) over a twelve-month period for FMLA covered medical and family reasons. Check in to this federal law and have your employer provide you with the appropriate paperwork. Of course your doctor is the one who will release you back to work, so make sure you openly communicate your need for more recoop time with him/her. Hope this helps-good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register