7 Weeks Post Op and Hurt Myself | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 Weeks Post Op and Hurt Myself 7 Weeks Post Op and Hurt Myself

Unread 01-07-2013, 01:28 PM
7 Weeks Post Op and Hurt Myself

Hi Sisters! Last Friday as I was coming into work, I saw a man fall out of his mobile chair and hit his head on the concrete. His wife was with him, but she was such a tiny little thing and he was so big. I ran over and tried to help her pick him up. He had his legs caught underneath him and I was totally shouldering his weight up against me. I knew I was going to pay for this physically.

I had a little bright red blood that night and went home with the heating pad and a vicodin. Still today though, my back is so aching as is my cuff and my entire abdomen is throbbing. I called my surgeon this morning, but today is her surgery day and her nurse advised me to see my primary.

I went to my gyno because her office is right near my office. She did a thorough exam and said that my cuff was intact, but definitely not entirely healed. She said she could still see some pink tissue and some stitches. The kicker is, I was cleared for sex, but didn't feel like I was ready internally so we haven't. She said definitely no sex for at least another 4 weeks. Give the cuff a good amount of time to heal.

Just thought I would share that. I was feeling so amazingly great, until Friday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Re: 7 Weeks Post Op and Hurt Myself

I am sorry you are in pain but I want to tell you I think what you did to help that man and his wife was very nice. There are not many who would go out of their way to help someone in need like you did my sister. What a remarkable woman you are!! You thought about someone else before yourself !! Your a wonderful person.
I still had internal stitches at 8 weeks and was cleared for sex also. Strange indeed. Hope you are feeling better soon!!
Unread 01-07-2013, 03:12 PM

Wow, crazy story! I'm so glad you helped him and didn't do too much damage to yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2013, 03:24 PM

I hope everything is ok with you.
I probably would have done the same
In that situation.
Take it easy woman! Keep us posted!
Xoxoxo
Unread 01-07-2013, 03:29 PM

Marge,

Just curious, did a general surgeon do your hyst? My OB/GYN did mine. Wondering if surgeon did an internal exam before clearing you? My doc did a visual exam with a speculum in place, plus an internal/manual exam to feel everything too.

Wondering why one doc would say you're ok and another say no? Seems odd.

Good for you though on being a Good Samaritan. It's nice to know there are still people like you out there in the world!
Unread 01-07-2013, 05:25 PM

Good for you on being a Good Samaritan for sure!! Hopefully you get rest and fully recover without too much damage done.
Unread 01-07-2013, 06:56 PM

Hi Voscat! My surgery was done by a gyno/onco a very experienced one and she did an internal at my 4 week and said I could resume sex at 6 weeks. My sense of it is that these surgeons can become somewhat robotic. This one has for sure! When she took care of my mother 4 years ago she was much more "human". My gyno on the other hand is a real doll and I trust her and was so happy she saw me immediately! I even spoke to her after I got my path report too.

To all the other sisters, thank you for your kind words!
Unread 01-07-2013, 07:22 PM

[quote=Marge C.;3975853]My sense of it is that these surgeons can become somewhat robotic.

It so funny you say that. When searching for a new OB/GYN a while back, I was speaking with another doctor about a recommendation and she said something that struck me. She said that really good OB/GYNs are tough to find because one one hand they are really primary care doctors for many women (who don't regularly see any doctor but their OB/GYN) but at the same time they often act as surgeons, and the mentality of the two are very different. Primary care docs are trained in bedside manner, wholistic approaches to whole body health, etc. while surgeons are very task driven because they look at specific problems that they are assigned to fix in a quick manner. I had never thought of it that way, but it sort of makes sense with your "robotic " description. Interesting stuff to think about. I wonder how many women on this site would have different opinions on the attitudes and behaviors of their regular OB/GYN versus a secondary surgeon if they in fact have multiple doctors taking care of them?

Speedy healing to you!

voskat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register