TAH shocking anyone complain of vag. numbness & i the only one | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

shocking anyone complain of  vag. numbness & i the only one shocking anyone complain of vag. numbness & i the only one

Unread 02-11-2013, 10:15 AM
shocking anyone complain of vag. numbness & i the only one

11 weeks post op having vag numbness . Am I only know of two people . On here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2013, 01:24 PM

11 wks post op. Have some vag. Numbness during intercourse. No one mentions this on here.
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Re: shocking anyone complain of vag. numbness & i the only one

It could be that your nerves were damaged during surgery. This usually gets better with time. I think it's more common to have this happen when the surgery is performed vaginally however. I think you need to speak to your doctor about this. I hope things improve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2013, 02:13 PM

He said if he hit a nerve i would know. I did feelthe internal exam was tender to touch vag cuff . So i assume the rest will happen over time. Just wanted to know outcome of others with this . I have feeling in my clit & g spot. No prob w that. Hopefully the rest will come back.
Unread 02-11-2013, 03:04 PM

I can feel everything external but not internal. If it weren't for the fact i can see my husband i wouldnt know it was happening. Sad situation. Hope it fixes at some point i now have no sex drive at all. Whats the point if you cant feel it?
Unread 02-11-2013, 04:33 PM

I am with I on that one angier5226. what does your doc say . I think alittle feeling is coming back. We are still early in recovery .my cousin had a vag hysto and complained this said feeling slow but coming back. It is scary i never expected this & was not told by ob this could happen. He seemed confident things would be fine. Did u. At least feel the pelvic exam. I am hoping because i did it will return. I want to say to ,Doc how would u like it if u couldn't feel you penis.
Unread 02-11-2013, 04:42 PM

We had are hysto .the same day. there is hope . But it is very emotional . I glad we can talk we are not alone. Keep in contact w me I still am swollen in my lower abdomen . Xxxxx sent your way.
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinkikki View Post
I am with I on that one angier5226. what does your doc say . I want to say to ,Doc how would u like it if u couldn't feel you penis.
Lol my family dr. Is awesome and has a great sense of humor. Maybe ill ask that question tomorrow at appt. I can already see his face.

My surgeon on the other hand is amazing at surgery but sucked telling me what to expect. He said well weve tryed everything else how about a hyster? Ok i said what does that entale? He said i go through vagina cut out cervix and uterus sew u up then you rest 6 weeks uou will be fine and back to normal. WHAT??? It was so good to hear i was all for it. 6 wks downtime then back to 100%. Yeah right. I have had a really great quick recovery thank GOD but it was nothing he described. Everything i learned i found here on this site. Its been wonderful to have so much support.
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:13 PM

Lol u should ask him. My ob did my surgery ask if i had any ? @ consult said sane thing but the abdomen. Never said what to expect now. ask at 8 wks appt. ( we did it the night b4) i said what about the numbness he said well u were cut there 3 separate times now .i said i am talking about not feeling down below what if you hit a nerve thats when he said i would know if he hit a nerve . I am assuming i would have pain like others complain of. I called the nurse she said it can take time 6 to 12 months i will go crazy if it takes that long emotionally. I thought sex was suppose to be better. My luck traded one prob. For a the worse one ever.
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:46 AM

It is very true a lot of doctors aren't good at telling us what to expect. I would have been so alone without Hystersisters. There is so much I didn't know. And I had prepared and researched and asked a lot of questions to two separate doctors. I can see from a medical standpoint it's probably an easy surgery. But from our persective it isn't. Our bodies change in so many ways. And it's involving our girlie parts so it's so personal. I was worried about trading one pain for another with my surgery, and that's just what I did. I am so much worse off since my hyster. I have pain every day, troubles sleeping, going to the bathroom and my sex life is completely ruined. It's really difficult to deal with it all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register