LAVH Post-op checkup? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-op checkup? Post-op checkup?

Unread 12-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Post-op checkup?

So my doctor has only scheduled a 6 week post-op visit but I have noticed many women see thier doctor in the first few weeks. Is it normal to not see the doc for post-op until the 6 week mark? I have noticed my doc seems to be quite different than many on here because I did not have bowel prep, and can drive once off the narcotic pain meds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Post-op checkup?

I had LAVH on 11/28 and will not see Dr. Until 12/31. Also was given very vague discharge instructions from hospital which said like yours I can drive if not on narcotics!! SO thankful for this site and am listening to my body, feeling more tired than usually and my tummy gets a tugging feeling if I walk too much. Regardless of what the discharge papers say i m listening to my body and letting myself heal. Hope this helps and good luck.
Unread 12-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Re: Post-op checkup?

Thanks. The information I have gotten before and after surgery has been next to nothing. Its been extremely frustrating. I love my doc but I really feel like I have been left in the dark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2012, 11:23 AM

The schedules for post-op visits are all over the place even in the US. I am in Canada and I only had one post-op visit scheduled at 6 weeks. I had instructions to call the office or go to the ER if I had concerns.
Unread 12-11-2012, 12:12 PM

My surgery was on 12/4 and I also dont see my Dr. until 6 wks. They did call me twice last week to see if there were any questions and if pain was under control. I also had LAVH and did not have to do a bowel prop. My dr. did tell me I should not drive until off then pain meds and that I could push hard on break petal, I am feeling pretty good but think if I had to slam on my brakes I would probably be hurting. Good Luck to you and other sisters.
Unread 12-11-2012, 01:38 PM

I was told to make an appointment in six weeks or sooner if I wanted to go back to work sooner. I made my appointment for two weeks and don't have any other follow up appointments scheduled.
Unread 12-11-2012, 02:58 PM

I too was cleared for driving once I was off pain meds. I also see some ladies on here that have a no sex of any kind order (obviously no intercourse) but my dr said external stimulation is fine. I was told that I didn't need to come in before six weeks unless I was having issues. My 6 week post appt is on New Years Eve, and I hope we get cleared for sex cause it's driving me nuts that I can't attack my husband.
Unread 12-11-2012, 08:16 PM

My first post op is at 2weeks... I was told no driving and pelvic rest.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register