:( Depressed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-16-2001, 05:19 AM
:( Depressed

Hi Everyone,
Have had a few days in depression.
I am 47 and feel old. B-Day coming in Dec. Having to delay surgery cause of dental abscess and work needing to be done on my teeth this coming week ... having SAH in January ... JUST FEEL depressed and old ... and plain falling apart. I know it really isn't so but it feels that way.
Went to bed last eve, not tired just wanting the day to end. Was hoping today would be better... it's not!
My DH says he understands but it's not convincing...I don't think he does even though he tries.
Signed,
Diane
Just Feeling Down...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2001, 05:54 AM

{{{Miss Di}}}

Wish I could magically wipe away your depression. Can I give you HUGS instead?
It's hard to wait around for this, hon' - so many of us have been through it.

Take care of yourself, sweetie - have a good cry if you need to; but just know that we are here for you.
Unread 11-16-2001, 07:04 AM
Hang in there

Diane,

Cyber hugs from the Midwest. Wish we could all chat with you face to face! I too have down days - and am 47 also - am scheduled for a TAH/BSO November 27......My fear is waking up matronly....does that make sense? Somedays I look around and thing "When the heck did I become 47"?????
I know I would have felt a lot worse had I not found this site. Really no women in my life to share with - and that's why we're all here I think - to share, discuss, learn and most of all, support each other. You have an incredible network of sisters here who will be behind you, letting you lean on them, whenever you feel the need. We all have huge ears for listening, large shoulders for leaning, and long arms for hugging. Always let us know when we can help.

Bobbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2001, 07:12 AM
depressed

Hey listen, I fought with the decision of even having the surgery for about 3 years. I tried everything before going under. I would get just like you and then cancel it. I would feel better, get fit and still bleed like there was never going to be an end and remain anemic. I had a doctor's visit and finally decided to go with the lavh. I literally just convinced myself that this was what I need to be healthy and feel good. You are going to have to give yourself messages constantly that this is what you need. I am 45 and I am taking hormones like my aunts that are 85. I feel great after the surgery. I do not feel old. I told my dh to look out that when I get through this recovery he is going to see a new me. I mean I feel really good about this. My entire family feels good about this decision. I hope this has given you some help. I find that if I just give my self message that things are going to be better, it just starts to get better. Any this site is the best thing for you. I am praying for your girlfriend.

Another di but with an a at the end.
Unread 11-16-2001, 07:27 AM

Here's a big huge , I too was real depressed before the surgery. Didnt know if I was coming or going. I would at just about anything. The waiting is the hard part. We are all here for you.

Kelly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register