So little info from Doctors. So much here. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So little info from Doctors.  So much here. So little info from Doctors. So much here.

Unread 03-13-2011, 12:08 PM
So little info from Doctors. So much here.

I'm impressed with this site. I am amazed that so many women have received so little information and support from their doctors. WE come here and find not only support but information.

This site is an amazing portal for any and all issues women have faced with hysterectomies. I am impressed. I'm also relieved that I did not have to lean or rely on my doctor or the nurses to inform me about bowel movements (they didn't), painful urinations (they didn't), itchy scars, bleeding, and pain. In fact, other than doing the actual surgery, I received very little information from the doctor. I guess for the doctors, it's one more surgery.

But for us, it is THE surgery. WE need information. We seek it and crave it. We find it here.

Just wanted to say how my fears and anxieties were less pre-op and 2 weeks post op. I also feel more confident that I can face whatever is to come because there are such wonderful women here.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Re: So little info from Doctors. So much here.

Hear! Hear! I totally agree! In fact I think this site really saved my sanity. I don't know if I could have made it through this whole process with you gals. I was lucky that I found this site very early in the process. Basically right after I was told I needed the hyst. Having you all as support every step of the way was what made this whole thing SO much easier.
Unread 03-13-2011, 12:49 PM

I agree. Hystersisters is the BEST hysterectomy support site on the web. Have you ordered our FREE booklet "What 100,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy"? You can order one for yourself and also for your doctor by clicking the link below:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/bookletorder.php

It takes about 3 - 5 weeks to receive it, but it's a wonderful booklet for information before or after your surgery.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2011, 02:36 PM

I agree 100%. I too found this site soon after my hysterectomy diagnosis and I know that my experience was way better because of the information I got here. I also know my chosen surgeon was impressed with the amount of info I already had when I went to see him, and I pretty much laid out what surgery I wanted and he agreed. I'm certain I would have cracked up if not for this site.

Thank you!
Unread 03-13-2011, 02:44 PM

I couldn't agree more! This site has been a godsend. I have felt so much more relaxed knowing there are so many other women going through the same thing. I also know my questions will be answered and support will be given. I am so thankful for this site.
Unread 03-13-2011, 03:49 PM

I'm another one who is so grateful to have found this site. Thank you to the founders, and to the people who keep it what it is: friendly, informative, supportive, caring. That's all of you, my sisters, for you are all what makes this site a special place.
Unread 03-13-2011, 04:11 PM

Oh my I can't say enough about this site. I tell my friends and family about it.I wouldn't have known much of anything if I hadn't found this site since my doctor is a wonderful doctor but is a man of few words as I say. He didn't tell me much about preparing or what to do and not do after surgery etc.

Everyone here has been awesome and supportive to me!
Unread 03-14-2011, 07:50 AM

This site has been brilliant, its so informative and there is always someone there to support you when you need it. I was given a basic booklet about TAH at my pre op which didnt cover everything I needed to know and was not given any info at the hospital other than dont lift anything heavier than a kettle for at least six weeks. I would have been lost without this wonderful site and I didnt find it until several weeks until after my surgery. My post op care has been poor to say the least and I have managed to allay my fears about all sorts of things by posting my questions or reading about what others were going through too.
Unread 03-14-2011, 08:43 AM

This is site is GREAT! It has helped me so much through my pre-op and post-op, and to talk to other women and receive their input and hear their experiences...it reassured me that I will be okay. There are so many STRONG women up here!

My doctor is great, don't get me wrong, but he didn't really give me any advice before or after my surgery. I think it's like another women said, "this is just another surgery for them." Thanks to everyone for making this site so helpful and friendly
Unread 03-14-2011, 04:41 PM

Wow, this post is great because my doctor hardly told me anything. I went with this surgeon because he is the best at what he does.My preferred ob-gyn recommend him because she couldn't do the Lavh. She told me she could do the tah and my recovery would take longer so she recommend I go to the other surgeon who teaches the procedure to other doctors. Well he is a nice guy and a wonderful surgeon but when it comes to providing information he was really lacking. His nurses, bless them received many calls from me and always called me right back when I needed info but I wish I would have found this site before my surgery because I would've been able to prepare easier. I am thankful I'm on here now because all the information I've gotten off here has been invaluable!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register