New Member w/Question about Gas/Bloating after Hyster? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Member w/Question about Gas/Bloating after Hyster? New Member w/Question about Gas/Bloating after Hyster?

Unread 05-30-2005, 06:03 PM
New Member w/Question about Gas/Bloating after Hyster?

Hello:

New member here. Am having my operation for a big Fibroid on Thursday, June 2nd <Oops! Hospital name removed for your safety and privacy>. From reading the boards, I see that many of the ladies experienced Gas/Bloating Pain.

May I ask, what is in the surgery that causes this? Generally it seems to be a problem just after surgery and before the first BM, is that right? Then later, not a problem? Thanks, Ej
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2005, 06:16 PM

I am 6 weeks post op tomorrow and still have bloating. If I eat too much, drink sodas, too much dairy and some other things seem to set it off when it never did before.

Gas pains only last first week or so until I got my diet under control and the BMs regular. However, in the hospital, the doc will want you to do one or the other before going home. There is a post on here about I used to be a Lady. It's about passing gas and heaven knows, you will be doing it quite regularly. Don't try to hold it in, that is when the pain starts.
Unread 05-30-2005, 07:25 PM

Hi uniquebuys-

I had the "trapped gas thing" on day 12 only. Don't know why, although I had eaten fast food twice that day. I was already feeling pretty good and less sore, so I was really surprised at 2:30 in the morning when everything was kinda rumbling around and really uncomfortable. It left me sore from my upper abdomen (where there was no surgery) all the way down, for about 3 days after. But then I was feeling much less sore again and haven't had a problem since. All in all I feel pretty lucky in my recovery. Good luck to you. Best advice I got here--stand up straight from the first, no granny standing, bent over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2005, 02:19 PM
post op gas?

Hi all,
my mum - a great believer in herbal & homeopathic remedies - recommended drinking peppermint tea to help disperse excess gas. I tried this in desperation after an exploratory op (apparently they inflate your abdominal cavity to make it easier to get to the necessary parts, hence the gas) and it worked!
I'm drinking Green Tea with peppermint at present, it's also very soothing.
Might just be worth a try?

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Seascout

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register