only 5 days left | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

only 5 days left only 5 days left

Unread 01-31-2006, 05:33 PM
only 5 days left

Ok all was going well and then today i had my pre-op appointment and for some reason it made it all seam so real and so soon. I am starting to freak a little and was very restless last night. I have never had surgery before and i am scared of pain. My dh thinks I am worrying to much or maybe he is just trying to be brave for me. Any comforting or reassuring words for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2006, 05:41 PM
My surgery date is the 6th too

I am also now very nervous.
Unread 01-31-2006, 06:06 PM
only 5 days left

I am nervous too!!!!! I go to the castle a 5:30 tomorrow. I thought this day would never come, and here it is - approaching quickly! Everything will be fine. Good luck to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2006, 06:21 PM
only 5 days left

I had a big bout of nerves a few days ago myself. Bad dreams and the whole lot. I think it's normal. It's a huge change! Surgery of any kind can be nerve-wracking to face. Take a deep breath, allow yourself to feel what you feel, and ask your husband how he would feel if it was his 'nads being operated on! Maybe then he'll get a clue....

Mine's in the morning and I am finally NOT nervous, just since mine's at noon I have to think about not eating or drinking anything a little longer in the day (yuck). I'm ready. I pray you will get there too. Good luck and God bless.
Unread 01-31-2006, 07:55 PM
only 5 days left

good luck to all of you going to the castle tomorrow! I hope your recovery is smooth sailing! Hugs raymo
Unread 01-31-2006, 08:14 PM
only 5 days left

My surgery is a week from today...I go about 12:30 and I am very nervous and scared too. I am also waking up several times a night and feel very tired especially at night. I've had some pain in my foot for a few weeks and don't know if that will make a difference. I also have never had major surgery. Plus I'm still deciding about taking out my ovaries!
Unread 01-31-2006, 08:52 PM
only 5 days left

Everyone says that waiting is the hardest, and boy is it. I keep telling myself, what would I do to be healthy again and live fully...I would do this. I pray every time I have a panic attack and when I feel the need for a healthy dose of understanding I come here. I understand your fear and I am praying for you all tonight that you surgery is successful and your recovery is speedy. I hope that you feel how much I care what happens to you.

I look forward to seeing your post when you return from the castle.

Peace
Unread 02-01-2006, 06:36 PM
only 5 days left

thank you all for your understanding and thoughtful words. I will keep all of you inmy prayers and good luck and speedy recovery.
Unread 02-01-2006, 07:37 PM
only 5 days left

Hey Brenrick,

Glad to hear that you are doing better. What time is your surgery? Mine is the same day. Did they give you things to do for Sunday? It won't be long till we cross over to the post op page.

I won't miss the waiting, how about you?

peace
Unread 02-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Almost there

I certainly will not miss the waiting. It has been a long wait. I was given my surgery date on Dec. 26. It is finally here this Friday. I am still calm and still focusing on getting healthy and putting this behind me. I have had major abdominal surgery before (twice) and I can tell you that the first day or two is a little rough, but get out of that bed and get moving as soon as possible and you will be surprised at how quickly you will start healing. Blessings sisters. Robin

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register