Not feeling so well... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not feeling so well... Not feeling so well...

Unread 08-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Not feeling so well...

I had my tvh, rectocele repair, perinealplasty, and urethral sling done on Monday the 25th, and up until yesterday I was feeling really good. Yesterday I started feeling really tired, then I started bleeding, which my doctor thought was coming from my bladder(turns out its not), and I'm running a low grade fever. I didn't sleep well last night because of hot and cold spells and pain in my lower back, so today I decided to call my doctor and let him know I'm just not doing well. He was out of town so his partner told me to watch my fever and go to the ER if it reaches 100.4. I'm at 100.1 right now and feeling miserable. I have lower abdominal pain and bright red bleeding. The bleeding isn't a lot but is a sign to me that something isn't quite right. I'm tired and light-headed, and just worried about what's going to happen next. I'm pretty sure I've developed a vaginal cuff infection based on my symptoms and searches I've done online. Now I'm just sitting around with my bags packed waiting for my temperature to hit that magic number so I can get proper medical care.

Anyone know what's in store for me next?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Not feeling so well...

I think you need to get yourself to the ER as soon as possible. If you do have an infection, you need to get on antibiotics. Good luck and hope you will be feeling better soon. You'll be in my prayers.
Unread 08-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Not feeling so well...

Hi sugar, please, please I encourage you (if I was close by I would gently put you in my car to.....) go to the ER! DO NOT feel bad about it, this is a long weekend and after reading many posts many ladies like you got anti-biotics to start healing the infection you might have! You can do a search here on this wonderful site see up to the right....google search this site and put in the word infection. Please update us again soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Not feeling so well...

dixiegurl - I did have a cuff infection and you are describing exactly how I felt. Please don't wait. I hope you already decided to go. These types of infections can get very serious.

Hugs to you. Let us know how you are....

Starbgirl
Unread 08-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Not feeling so well...

Sometimes you just need someone to tell you that you need to go. I also don't think you should wait. They will be able to help you. You are in my prayers that you will feel better soon! Let us know how you are when you get back
Unread 08-30-2008, 01:44 AM
Thanks so much :)

I'm back now from the ER. My fever spiked to 101.7 a little while after my post and the doctor on call told me to go right in,so in I went!

Thanks so much for the well wishes. I don't know if I have a full blown cuff infection but they did a culture and some blood work and gave me some Levoquin to take for the next ten days.

I was just so unprepared for all the bleeding I encountered after my surgery. At my pre-op my doctor and I talked about how little bleeding I should have to deal with post op because the organ that was being removed was the main cause of bleeding for females in gynecological surgeries. I was shocked to see dark red jelly looking blood on my underwear three days post op, and red blood lining the bottom of the toilet when I urinated. I guess I just panicked. He really didn't help much, either. He told me it was my bladder, which it wasn't. It's the surgical sites themselves basically shedding their scabs, which kind of liquify and ooz out. I'm sorry, that's what they told me at the ER. Gross, I know.

I really, really, really, should have prepared myself better for this surgery than I did. Don't put all your trust in your doctors. Yes, they can be wonderful, but sometimes they think you know more than you do. Mine would always end a visit with "what questions do you have?" Honestly, I didn't know what to ask.

I'm not quite feeling better yet because I haven't filled my prescriptions yet(My fever is broken), but I do feel more informed and less scared than before. And the ER doc did tell me that my doctor did a fantastic job on my surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register