4 days post op, and need help - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days post op, and need help 4 days post op, and need help

Unread 05-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Re: 4 days post op, and need help

Don't listen to what other people say, and when family members make stupid comments (like, "is there any left-over rice?" Just as soon as I walk in the door from coming home from the hospital!) I threaten to show pictures of my uterus layer out on a surgery table & describe the surgery in detail...
I'm 5 days out & my best friends are water and Percocet.
Hanging in there with you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2013, 12:30 PM

I had Davinci hysterectomy May 16, 2013- the first few days were a little rough (lower back pain and some pressure) but after a few days I really was good. The pain medicine I took caused a little constipation and that was uncomfortable. I went back to work June 3rd and probably could have gone back sooner but the dr. wanted me to take 2 full weeks. Everyone is different. I have read where some women were back at work in 5 days.... more power to them, I am glad I listened to the dr because each day I feel better than before. I am still taking it easy and will continue until 8 weeks post op
Unread 06-11-2013, 05:29 PM

that was my worst days also after my da vinci hysterectomy! the gas pains and oh my gosh I have to poop! That pain was worse then the actual surgery pain! Take Milk of Magnesia if you need to...getting constipated with pressure on that vaginal cuff does not feel good. Drink plenty of water in order for the colace to work right. I used a heating pad along with gas-x for that pain as some suggested and I felt alot better after those issues resolved! I am 18 days out from my surgery and go back to work tomorrow. My Dr. also said tread mill was okay so went to gym and did 30 minutes...starting to feel back to my old self!
Unread 06-11-2013, 11:21 PM

I was getting ready to post about the same thing! I am on day 5 and I have been given gas x.. and that helps gas wise, but the bm's are some serious business! I am also on colace in addition to sennekot (sp). Still, I take it slow and relax as much as I can. Ouch! and (((hugs))) to you for dealing with insensitive people. A day after surgery back at work ?? That is just crazyness to me!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register