wondering | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-06-2002, 11:58 AM
wondering

This is my first time to ask questions on here (except for chat room) I am so thankful that I found this site as every thing Ive read here has helped me emmensly. I am scheduled for a TAH Nov 19, and to tell you the truth Iam scared to death....I am beginning to wonder if Ive made the right decision? I read about how much pain every one else is in and it make me sound like a baby. I am 50 years old and still having periods altho they come any time during the month that they please. The bleeding is a lot worse than it has ever been in my life seems to just pour out the first day and is bright red. I ve never been plagued with cramps during a period but I do get the sort of crampy feeling in my overies during ovulation. I am tired all the time No energy and lack inthusiasum for life in general. I just had an ultro sound that shows two fibroid tumors.. one is 5cm the other is 3 cm and my uterus is the size of a 14 week pregnancy. My concern is that I might not enter into menopause where they might shrink any time soon and they will just continue to grow. Sex is painful at times and the dr thinks it might be due to endometriosis. Now listening to every one elses problems Iam wondering if Iam not jumping the gun????? Iam not afraid of the post op recovery or the surgury its self just the thought of going to sleep scares me to death.....Thanks for your help its nice to have a place to go calm down when the bad thoughts take over
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2002, 12:43 PM
wondering

i have no fears of the anesthesiologist i'm ready to nap a while and wake up with the worse over, i'll be 50 Dec 9th, boy am i ready for this surgery, my fibroids have done nothing but grow, since may when they tried to force me into menopause with depo shots i've barely had a dozen days without bleeding and most of those pretty heavy, i am so ready... i thought for several years, i knew i had the fibroids and my periods kept getting heavier that i'd wait it out, that menopause the fibroids would shrink, that i was a stong woman and i could wait this out. no way, i give up , i am so ready and to think no more periods, no risk of several cancers, my sisters were 37 and 44 when they had their totals, they are now 69 and 62 didn't even use hrt like mom did , i'm going for a little bitty dose of estrogen and maybe some testosterone cream and see how i do. but i am so ready, even with the prospect of being without pay for a couple weeks and no savings to back me up i gota do this NOW. ready to be on the other side , looking forward to playing hard in the spring.
Unread 11-06-2002, 12:50 PM
wondering

Hi wildfire

Please don't compare your situation to that of anyone else's. It's your decision, you don't have to prove anything to anyone else (except maybe an insurance company, but that's another subject).

I felt the same way you do, others had suffered so much and for longer than I, maybe I was just being a wimp. My surgery was 9 months ago today, and I can't tell you how much better I feel - more energy than I've had for years, no more PMS, no more checking to see where the closest rest room is, no more staying close to home "just in case".

If you're not completely comfortable with your decision have you considered a second or third opinion?

Best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2002, 12:54 PM
wondering

i hope i wasn't mistooken in what i said, what i'm saying is don't wait til you are so much worse. i've probably waited too long, it will make my recovery harder, i've heard gals of your size, where i was in the spring get by with vaginal or lap, i have no choice at this point than TAH

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register