thought of something else????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

thought of something else????? thought of something else?????

Unread 10-19-2004, 09:41 AM
thought of something else?????

i was wondering when you are in the hospital is it like when you have a baby do they make you have a bowel movement?? i remember the pain of that....what do they do in order for you to be released?? my surgery is in 2 1/2 weeks...and i keep thinking of more questions as i get closer...

also i smoke will this be a problem???
i have 2 other surgery's and nothing was said about smokking??
oh' and yet another question....
i am having a lavh well you hurt afterwards like having a baby??

i am trying to compare the pain so i know what to expect....

also i am having my uterus,fallopina tubes,ovaries and cervix removed...

and if anyone has a comment on wether or not to take the hrt's i would greatly appreciate the comments......

27,mother of 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2004, 10:20 AM

After they took the cath out, they made sure I was able to go. I didn't have to have a bowel movement first. I had gas, so that was good.

As far as having a baby, it doesn't compare because I didn't have a c-section so I can't help you there...different than when I had my tubes tied...and we all experience it differently. I was home on Thursday and at church on Sunday.

If you have your ovaries out, you'll need to have something. I am taking Estratest.

And I feel wonderful! My 6 week check up was last week, and I've been released.otion:
Unread 10-19-2004, 11:02 AM

Smoking can make your recovery harder, you may need oxygen longer than nonsmokers. Smoking also paralyses the cillia in your lungs so you aren't able to bring things up as well. You will cough more post op -which really hurts. I tried to quit before my surgery, I didn't, but I did cut back alot, that helped somewhat, but if you are able to I HIGHLY recommend doing so. You most likely will not be able to go have a cigarette while you are in the hospital, so quitting now will save you the nicotine fit while you are trying to recover.
I had a TAH and kept my left ovary , so I can't help with the other questions, but I hope this helps with the smoking issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2004, 12:07 PM

Hi witryk,

As far as pain, I only had some pain when in woke up in recovery and it was quickly taken care of. The rest of the time it was just discomfort.

My gyn said it feels like you've been kicked in the abdomin. She was right! That's exactly what it felt like to me.

Cheers,
Gale
Unread 10-19-2004, 04:16 PM

kicked in the abdomin! That is a perfect discription! It gets better so quickly!
MY doctor didn't want a bm, just gas. which he got, and all my friends were willing to testify too!
Never had kids, but the pain was far less then the horrible cramps I had monthly!!

My hubby was folding our laundry today, and he says when your all better, lets throw all these undies away and get you some real nice ones!!! (the stains from past Auntie Flo's)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register