Surgery Scheduled? Check On Insurance!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Scheduled? Check On Insurance!!! Surgery Scheduled? Check On Insurance!!!

Unread 03-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Surgery Scheduled? Check On Insurance!!!

My TAH/BSO for 3/25 has been CANCELLED! My diagnosis of Stage 1-2 dysplasia denied coverage! I have had a history of dysplasia, with freezings, LEEPS, over the last several years.

I was scheduled, but after checking with my gyn's office, they had not checked with insurance until I checked on it myself!

Please do not assume that when you're scheduled, that your insurance will automatically pay for this! If I had not checked, I would probably have not found out about this until the pre-op, or maybe even AFTER the surgery!

In my case, insurance will not cover a hyst. unless I'm at least a stage 3, so we will continue tests, etc. and watch and wait.
I'm relieved for now, but still concerned for the future.....

PLEASE CHECK ON YOUR INSURANCE COVERAGE!!

AND GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2005, 12:00 PM

Glad I'm not the only one!!!!!

I was scheduled for the 17th and Thursday my doctor called to say that my insurance also denied. I'm believed to have Adeno.
I put off going to the doctor for a long time thinking it was just female problems I'd have to deal with! Now, my uterus is 14.6cm and I have severe pelvic pain, lower back pain, and bleeding when I'm not supposed to be......periods are on time, but interupted....and lots of cramps.

Insurance wants to see if BCP and/or D&C will work. My doctor tells me that the only thing they will help with are the interupted periods. Neither of them will help relieve the pain nor reduce the uterus.

I'm so confused.....I'm wondering about my condition and the doctor. I'm really starting to believe that the request for authorization was submitted incorrectly. I'll be calling the insurance company myself in the morning.

In the meantime, I am to try the BCPs and my doctor has scheduled an MRI to hopefully definitely diagnose Adeno. I'm really afraid that it may come back negative and I'll never get approval.

We'll just wait patiently together!!!
Unread 03-06-2005, 03:00 PM

When my doctors nurse called to schedule the appointment, she told me she will be in touch with my insurance company and let me know of any problems. Hopefully I won't have any!
I'm sorry for what ya'll are going through.
I have already tried the BCP's plus a bunch of other stuff, so hopefully they'll accept it!
I can't believe your doctors office didn't tell you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2005, 03:10 PM

My doctors office would not even schedule me without getting insurance approval. I have Aetna and it took just a couple of min.

Wow I would be pretty upset if my surgery was cancelled, this close.

Hazel
Unread 03-06-2005, 05:05 PM

It has been a long time since I have been to this site. I also was to have a TAH/BSO last May and the company that does the utilization for BC/BS PPO of Illinois denied me. At the time I was approaching 56 years of age and still having regular monthly periods with excessive bleeding, cramps and backaches. I was diagnosed by ultrasound with a uterine fibroid and multiple ovarian cysts. The insurance company doctor did not feel that my fibroid was large enough, my hemoglobin low enough and the ovarian cysts significant. My OB/GYN spoke to a female doctor who was relentless. So, I had a D&C for an endometrial biopsy and have been followed up with a trans vaginal ultrasound evrey three months. I am now 56 years old, having irregular heavy menstrual cycles with terrible back pain and I am just plain fed up. My last ultrasound revealed that I have adenomyosis and endometriosis and I am scheduled for a pelvic MRI on March 19. My doctor tells me that it is inevitable that I will need a hysterectomy and I am praying that there is nothing on the MRI other than the already known findings of the ultrasound. It is so frustrating having to deal with these problems when you are not feeling well to begin with. Now I will wait anxiously for the MRI and pending results and see what happens if and when my doctor attempts to get insurance approval.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register