The zero hour approaches | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The zero hour approaches The zero hour approaches

Unread 11-21-2002, 03:19 PM
The zero hour approaches

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow is the big day. I'm looking forward to it. I figure any pain I might have can't possibly be any worse than the horrible cramping I've had most of my life. I've been taking Lupron shots for four months, and my uterus is now down to the size of a softball (which is still double what it should be), but they think they'll be able to do a TVH instead of a TAH. I've got adenomyosis, endometriosis, fibroids, cysts AND a retroverted uterus and I'm really ready to say goodbye to them all. We'll see how I feel afterward, but as far as I'm concerned, they should give me champagne to get the gas going. But I suppose that doesn't mix well with morphine. (LOL).

Anyone else out there with similar thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2002, 03:48 PM
11/22/02 Me too!

I am also going in tomorrow.......and I just had to have one more period before I went in. Funny thing is.....this one was one of my best.....no pain!! Go figure!!

For any sisters out there who wonder if they can be having a period at the time of the surgery...my Dr said 'no problem'.

I just bought two cool pairs of Nick and Nora flannel PJ's, and I cant wait to get into them next week!! Actually, I am thinking of wearing them to the surgery center tomorrow!! Now the big decison....the Oreo ones, or the Sheep.........oh what a quandry!!

Good Luck all of us Nov 22 Sisters!!

Marcia
Unread 11-21-2002, 05:24 PM
The zero hour approaches

I know what you mean! I have kitty print pj's as well as more elegant pink satin trimmed ones. Oh... the decisions.

Let me know when you get home. I want to know how everything goes for you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2002, 05:47 PM
The zero hour approaches

Good Luck to You Sisters! I go in in 3 days for a total abdominal.... EEKS! :confuse:
Unread 11-21-2002, 06:43 PM
I wonder

I feel I am nearing my zero hour due to all the stuff I need to get done at school. I am a teacher and I started a new class the 1st of November. I wonder if the kids will be able to handle my absence so soon. I wonder if I will get my daily routine established enough that my notes will make sense to my sub. I wish I could forget all that and just go have the surgery and have those quiet weeks of recovery while my sons are still in school. I have been very fortunate that I haven't been plagued with pain just tiredness. But you know in spite of all my wonderings I know that God is in control and that what needs to be done will be done if I listen to Him and (and that is a big and) obey. I seem to fight that obedience thing and I wonder why my son isn't a perfect angel . Well I guess I should get on with my work. I think the next two weeks are going to fly by especially since I have to get my Christmas shopping done in that time also. I pray that all has gone well with today's events. Yours till the dew drops. Deb
Unread 11-21-2002, 06:52 PM
The zero hour approaches

Hi Lauriann!

BEST WISHES to you for tomorrow hon! This time tomorrow you'll be all finished and on the Road to Recovery! YIPPEEE!

Will be thinking of you and wishing you ONLY the best! Take good care, hon. In no time at all, you'll be in the Recovery Room and AMAZED that it's all overwith. Shine up that crown, Princess!

*HUGE HUGGERS*

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register