Swelly Belly- How LONG?? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly Belly- How LONG?? Swelly Belly- How LONG??

Unread 12-06-2011, 03:58 AM
Re: Swelly Belly- How LONG??

Hi ladies I am glad I looked in tonight. I thought I was alone with this issue. I am now 6.5 months post op and experiencing the same
. I know some of it lack of exercise and therefore something I can work on EXCEPT that I have lost all motivation. The change fro morning to night is quite dramatic so it cant all be too many goodies and not enough movement.

I would love to hear from anyone who has any suggestions how best to manage it or is it just an individual thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2011, 04:22 AM

I had my 8 week post op checkup today and asked my Doctor about the swelly belly and he said that sometimes it can be hormones, coz they take a little time to settle down, but otherwise to watch what foods I eat!

So as you can imagine, I was horrified... I've been really trying to eat heathy foods and have been exercising for at least an hour each day!

My belly isn't swollen in the morning to the point where I'm deluded into thinking I'm making progress but by lunchtime, it's doing it's own thing again and I look 5 months pregnant!
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:34 PM

I too am frustrated with swelly belly, but appartently I'm way to anxious (I'm at 7 weeks post op). Yesterday I did go for accupuncture to work on the belly issue - no change during the treatment, but I do feel much better today even after 2 walks and leading a 30 minute chair fitness class. YES I still have swelly belly but its not as uncomfrontable. I'm going for another appointment on Friday I'll keep you posted if it works,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2011, 05:59 PM

Thanks, lake breeze. Let us know!
Unread 12-08-2011, 03:24 PM

Just reading this at 2 weeks. Glad its normal but 16 months! Crikey.
Unread 12-15-2011, 08:19 AM

Im 9 mos post op, did the acupuncture for 2 months and now I am still swelly belly, sweating like crazy and gaining weight to boot. Heavier than ever have been. I hate this.
Unread 12-15-2011, 10:17 AM

I'm with you roosterpc, both 9 months on & plumped up for the festive season! Sooo pee'd off with it, but determined to have a good Christmas nonetheless, and I pray you do too. at least we both know we're not alone, & I'll check in again in January to see how we're doing xx
Unread 12-15-2011, 05:14 PM

I'm three and half months out of surgery, morning time my swelly belly is down. The more movement thru out the day it comes back on some days it like wow really it is still here...very frustrating. I joined the gym, only on week two. Hoping this will help!!
Unread 12-15-2011, 08:19 PM

formeaboutme, I think this is the easiest and quickest way for us to get our bodies back... it's called hard work. Unfortunately! LOL...
Unread 12-16-2011, 01:02 PM

Hi All
I am new to this site and based in the UK
I am just approaching 7 weeks post op and have to say that although I suffer the same symptoms as you guys, early day belly flatter/later in the day belly fatter, I honestly believe that the "kangaroo gut" syndrome affects individuals differently.
I weighed 151lbs on the day of my op and 6 weeks later weigh 143lbs,
but am still conscious of the gut. All my clothes fit ok and I can wear jeans etc, but I find that when I go to bed and begin to relax the belly can feel sensitive.
I started walking the second week after op which increased to an hour daily, then went back to the gym last week using elliptical and treddie for an hour per day as well as light weights for 15 mins and 1 hour outdoorsy walking.
Maybe this has helped somewhat.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register