Seasont | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-27-2000, 09:03 PM
Seasont

You mentioned in your last post that you would have a tubal litgation with your next procedure. Wondering why?

Why do I ask? Several women have posted about their problems "starting" after having a tubal - thought you might want to check thru their posts. This may be a coincidence (sp?) but something to think about.

Dixie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2000, 07:06 AM
Seasont

The tubal ligation thing sent up red flags for me, too, Dixie ... My own problems began after having a tubal ligation and when I brought that up to my gyn, he said he hears the same thing time and time again .... Hmmm. Wonder if we should do a research paper on this one! Thanks, Dixie, for always being on top of things!
Unread 06-28-2000, 06:05 PM
Seasont

I definately agree. I am one of those unfortunate statistics that started out perfectly fine, had a tubal, and now 2 years later ahysterectomy....Definately needs some research!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2000, 11:31 PM
Tubal ligation

mainly because the next would be an ablation, which the doc and many sites say is bad bad to get pregnant afterwards...dangerous to mom and baby. I already have problems...figure eventually if not right now the hysterectomy will have to be accepted...insurance is the main no go. The doctor would. I do worry about more problems. I know many women have no troubles, but a lot do after one. What kinds of problems did you all start having? My ovaries are fine right now far as we know so I would like to know if I am risking them as well.
Unread 06-30-2000, 08:50 PM
Seasont

Hi again. Just a short note to answer your question. After my tubal 9-98, I started bleeding with intercourse, and had pain during it too. Eventually I was having alot of pain and bleeding. Had a lap done to remove whart dr. thought was acyst in 11-99, and I was filled with scar tissue and endometriosis. I have never regrouped from the surgery in nov. and am now having a tah on july 25. The bright side is that I am 39, and have 3 beautiful, healthy children, and had no intention of having any more under any circumstances. Hope this helps........Good Luck. Pam
Unread 07-01-2000, 12:15 PM
Seasont

Hi,

I am another that started having problems after my tubal. Since the tubal I have had heavy painful periods, pain during intercourse, lots of migraines, hormonal imbalance...etc. Apparently the tubal can compromise the blood flow to the ovaries. I beleive that it has done something to my ovaries as my hormones have been completely out of balance - too much unopposed estrogen and I have endometrial hyperplasia. I am booked for a hysterectomy on August 1st. If I were you I would think seriously before contemplating a tubal. On this message board there is a letter "looking for Barbara, troubles with tubals". You should read this letter and all of the responding posts. It has been my experience that doctors do not believe that tubals play apart in painful heavy periods, endometriosis, adhesions, etc. Learn as much as you can, and you will know what is best for you.

Take care,

Barbara
Unread 07-02-2000, 06:26 PM
Seasont

no tubal for me. The more I read and the more I hearthe more I worry. At this point I definitely want either the hysterectomy or nothing at all. I already have pain with intercourse and other times so the last thing I need is more pain or bleedingwith it. True, the hysterectomy has a few scary side effects the thatcould happen, but the tubal and the ablation sound worse than the hysterectomy. this is all a lot of scary stuff sucks that we have to go through it, but so is life. thank you everyone for all the help you given me in this time where everything is confusing.without this board I would be lost
Unread 07-02-2000, 07:57 PM
Seasont

Season... in your last post you said
" True, the hysterectomy has a few scary side effects the thatcould happen, but the tubal and the ablation sound worse than the hysterectomy."
Having had both the surgeries you mentioned I can say for me the hysterctomy was far more invasive and difficult to recover from . The ablation surgery kept me off my feet for a few days where I'm still recovering from an adhesion surgery after the hyst.. somedays it seems this is never going to end.
Best wishes to you
Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register