Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Dec 06, 2015 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Dec 06, 2015 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Dec 06, 2015

Unread 12-06-2015, 06:37 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Dec 06, 2015

Hello everyone I'm having mine tomorrow want to keep. Ovaries not very confident in my doctor stuck because if insurance will be home all alone after surgery trying to be strong will be praying for everyone for a successful surgery and no complications!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2015, 06:52 AM

Hi, I am Linda from Pennsylvania. I'm almost 54. I'm having LAVH on Tuesday, 12/8. TG no bowel prep here. Just eat light and nothing after midnight. I just had my 3rd colonoscopy a month ago (prep wasn't bad) so I could do it again if I had to.

I had my first laparoscopic myeomectomy almost EXACTLY 25 years ago. Unfortunately, my 45 min outpatient surgery had complications and turned into 5 hours of surgery (he had to open me up) and 4 days in the hospital. I had my 1st D&C in October 2007 (polyps & fibroids) and another in October of this year. This last time was for dysfunctional uterine bleeding. I had 36 hours without bleeding before the floodgates opened. I have been bleeding since 8/1. Been on BCP since the last D&C. Been on Megace or Provera at various times in the past year. My endometrial thickness has ranged from 12-33mm in the past year. That is what brought me to my 12/8 LAVH.

I've had 1 c-sec (9/91) and 2 VBACs 2/98 and 8/00) my bleeding was more manageable after kids, but began to get heavier as I approached my 50s. I've been losing energy and gaining weight for the past 4 years. No other health issues have been discovered.

My 2 biggest fears:
1) Scar tissue will be found and I will have to be fully opened up.
2) I STIILL will have I energy by the end of the next 6-8 months.
Unread 12-06-2015, 06:56 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Dec 06, 2015

My TLH bso is Tues. I'm trying to get a commissioned quilt finished and a photo book designed and ordered before then. Don't think I'll get the cleaning done but feel like getting the projects done will lessen the stress like nothing else can! Will just look past the dust bunnies. They'll still be there when I'm back in shape! Prayers for all for good news, easy surgeries, and quick recoveries!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2015, 06:57 AM

Hi ladies. My name is Tiffany and I am scheduled for my hysterectomy on Tuesday. I'm a little nervous. I've had a tubal ligation and a prior surgery to have a large fibroid removed about 15 years ago. Like a lot of you ladies I have suffered through long and painful periods and I am so ready to not have to deal with them any more. My surgery was originally scheduled for November but got pushed back due to my insurance. I got my blood work done last week and my iron levels came back pretty low so I'm concerned about that as well. I've yet to hear from the hospital with the exception of a booklet they sent me a few weeks back. Does anyone know if that is normal? My doctor's office did mail me my instructions for my bowel prep to start tomorrow and I am really not looking forward to it. My surgery isn't until 1:00 on Tuesday so I think I'll be starving by the time I go under... LOL.
Unread 12-06-2015, 06:59 AM

Hi there.

I'm Jessica, 26 years old, married but no children. I have had painful periods for 13 years. Lap was done to confirm lots of endo as well as uterine holes (5 of them) I constantly have fibroids.my cysts range in size from a tic tacs to a tangerine. I have a period 3/4 of the month. I will be having my uterus, cervix, Fallopian tubes and 85% sure my ovaries will be coming out due to the cysts that constantly grow there. Praying I can keep at least one ovary for now due to my age and the risk of bone loss. My grandmothers both had hysts before the age of 30, looks like I'll be following in their footsteps. I'm nervous (don't like being put to sleep) but excited that I'll hopefully be feeling so much better. I will be saying a prayer for everyone!

Xoxo,
Jess
Unread 12-06-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awallace711 View Post
Hi! I'm having a TAH on Wednesday due to an enlarged uterus and many fibroids. I'm super nervous about this surgery and about anesthesia. I've had two c-sections and one general surgery. I've had this one planned for months so I'm ready for it to be over. Good luck to everyone this week!
Your story is exactly like mine. I go thursday. I've had 2 c sections and another stomach surgery for rupture tube from pregnancy. I'm super nervous but like you so ready to be done. My nerves are killing me. I am praying for piece. I know God has me but still nervous. How long is your surgery gonna last?
Unread 12-06-2015, 07:37 AM

Hi all,

I am having a DaVinci hysterectomy on 12/09. I have severe endometrosis resulting in large cysts and generally feeling like I got hit in the stomach. I am over feeling that way. The meds didn't do much for me, and it was confirmed by my prior cystectomy that I have endo.

I am nervous but doing ok. My major concern is post op nausea, had it real bad after my cystectomy. My mind is playing games with me I guess, but I can say this, I work part time at Walmart and that has cemented that I do not want kids haha.
Unread 12-06-2015, 07:40 AM

Hi! I'm having my LATVH tomorrow morning. The pain I've been in has been reassurance that I'm making the best decision. Good luck ladies!
Unread 12-06-2015, 07:56 AM

My name is Elissa. I'm 35 and live in Michigan. I've been married for 13 years. We have no kids and never planned to have any. I have two cats and a dog. I'm having my hysterectomy for Stage 3 Endometriosis. After seeing several GYN's over the years about my symptoms, I finally found one this year who took me seriously. All my life I've had heavy bleeding and horribly painful periods. I was put on just about every type of birth control pill imaginable. I finally tried using extended cycle bc and often would start bleeding when I shoudn't have. For about 3 years I'd been having daily intolerable pelvic pain even when I wasn't having a period. My periods stopped on Depo Provera injections, but I still had daily pain.

This past June I had a diagnostic laparoscopy, D&C, and Hysteroscopy. My doctor found extensive Endometriosis. It was all over my bowel wall. My ovaries were pinned back by it. My cervix was adhered to my rectum, which explained the pain and difficulty I had with bowel movements. After my follow-up appointment from that procedure, my GYN wanted me to try monthly Lupron injections for six months prior to doing a hysterectomy. She said if I didn't do the injections, there was a 15-20% chance of nicking my bowel. So I started those injections in July.

My hysterectomy is scheduled for this Thursday, December 10th. The plan is for a TLH/BSO, with possible a conversion to a TAH. There is a small chance I may need a bowel resection done. A colorectal surgeon will be on hand for the bowel aspect of surgery in the OR. I'm getting my ovaries removed because my mom and a great aunt had breast cancer. I've had 5 surgical breast biopsies and 3 core needle breast biopsies. I'm hoping this will put an end to my breast issues as well.

I'm worried that I won't get everything done in time for surgery. My house looked like a bomb went off in it a week ago. I feel like I'be been cleaning non-stop! I'm also concerned about the fact that I will be alone part of my recovery. My DH is a full-time college student and works full-time. He goes to school during the day and works at night. He doesn't get home until 1:30 a.m. most nights.
He still has class the week of my surgery, but is taking a vaction starting Momday after my surgery. So he will be home in the evening at least. I'm also concerned about handling my dog. I'll have to use a tie-out to let him out instead of a leash.

Good luck to everyone this week!

Unread 12-06-2015, 08:00 AM

Hi, I'm Dawn from Michigan. I am having a TAH on Thursday 12/10. Large fibriod and 12 week uterus. My Dr is doing surgery thru my c-section scar. I am very nervous as I have been on xarelto (blood thinner) since end of April the Dr is taking me off them for a couple days but I do still have a dvt in my right leg. Hope everyone does well with surgery, see you on the other side.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register