10 weeks post hysterectomy: Can't shake the lower back pain. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 weeks post hysterectomy: Can't shake the lower back pain. 10 weeks post hysterectomy: Can't shake the lower back pain.

Unread 08-11-2014, 09:01 PM
10 weeks post hysterectomy: Can't shake the lower back pain.

10th week post op and back to work this is the beginning of my 5th week back. I don't seem to have any problems when at work with lower back pain and I do a lot of walking, standing and sitting throughout the day. I have noticed the last couple of times I have worked and then went grocery shopping and put groceries away when I got home my lower back was killing me. So out comes the Tylenol and up goes the feet and I don't feel like doing any more the rest of the night. I kind of feel like I have been beat up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2014, 12:16 AM
Re: 10 weeks post hysterectomy: Can't shake the lower back pain.

I'm having low back pain also. It's not everyday though. Usually, it occurs on a day where I walk and stand a lot, and I definitely get the pain on grocery shopping day.
I put my feet up, and use the heating pad. The next morning I stretch it out.
I'm going to the Doctor on Thursday to see what she recommends.
I return to work August 28th, and I'm nervous. I gave myself 16 weeks off, I should be ready!!

Big Hugs.
Unread 08-14-2014, 01:33 AM

Yes I had my surgery 28th April and have had lower back pain since .Have been walking and doing yoga but just wish it would go away along with the three kilos I have put on
Otherwise no problems ,but these things can be quite depressing .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2014, 06:09 AM

Ladies, you need to exercise concentrating on abdominals. Your back does all the work,if your abdomen is weak.

Chris
Unread 08-14-2014, 06:23 AM
10 weeks post hysterectomy: Can't shake the lower back pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joder_Pooh View Post
10th week post op and back to work this is the beginning of my 5th week back. I don't seem to have any problems when at work with lower back pain and I do a lot of walking, standing and sitting throughout the day. I have noticed the last couple of times I have worked and then went grocery shopping and put groceries away when I got home my lower back was killing me. So out comes the Tylenol and up goes the feet and I don't feel like doing any more the rest of the night. I kind of feel like I have been beat up.
Hi had Laproscopic hysterectomy kept ovaries in february 2013 and still have terrible lower back ache especially when sleeping constantly waking up from pain,suffering with a bloated stomach still weight gain incontinence....so depressing as i want to feel good now that im not suffering from my heavy periods!!!
Unread 08-14-2014, 11:12 AM

I'm 2 weeks post op from a TAH. My recovery was going smoothly until last night when back pain made it impossible to fall asleep. I fell asleep only to wake up 2 hours later in a cold sweat and nauseous. On the way to the bathroom my knees gave out on me twice leaving me on the cool kitchen floor, which actually felt pretty good. Never threw up but had to poop like a champ. Not sure what that was all about since I wasn't constipated or anything. Off to take a nap now. Any advice or similar stories is appreciated. Thanks!
Unread 08-14-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angee44 View Post
I'm having low back pain also. It's not everyday though. Usually, it occurs on a day where I walk and stand a lot, and I definitely get the pain on grocery shopping day.
I put my feet up, and use the heating pad. The next morning I stretch it out.
I'm going to the Doctor on Thursday to see what she recommends.
Well, I went to the Doctor. She did an internal pelvic exam to check for a mass that might be growing. And, she did an urine test for bladder/kidney issues.
I'm about 13/14 weeks post op, and this far out she thinks it's just Back Pain, and has referred me to an Orthopedic Doctor. I called him, and my appointment is in 10 days.
Maybe he will put me on Physical Therapy exercises or something.

Good luck to us all.
Unread 08-16-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammax3 View Post
Ladies, you need to exercise concentrating on abdominals. Your back does all the work,if your abdomen is weak.

Chris
I am sure excercise is the key word. I just need the motivation when I am not so tired after work.
Unread 08-17-2014, 07:22 AM

Advice is easily given , not so easily followed

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register