Hysterectomy on 4/7: Bowel prep. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy on 4/7: Bowel prep. Hysterectomy on 4/7: Bowel prep.

Unread 04-06-2015, 02:43 PM
Hysterectomy on 4/7: Bowel prep.

Did any one else feel like getting sick from the ready go?

I feel like I ate way to much, to the point of being sick. Don't get me started on the bloating!

I was told this is all normal but I hate feeling nauseous!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2015, 03:33 PM
Re: Bowel prep.

Hello Shme,

Oh the joys of the prep...you might try some hot peppermint or ginger tea if allowed by your doctor...as that calms the stomach a bit. I also strongly recommend having both tea and peppermint and ginger mints on hand for during your recovery in case nausea strikes. What you are describing Is an unpleasant feeling...but try to watch movies or something to distract yourself a bit.

I am assuming since you are taking the prep today, your surgery is tomorrow. Please go to your User Control Panel and put in your surgery date. You can also add what type of surgery yiu are having etc in the Member Survey Portion - by adding this necessary info, you will be sure to get your checkpoints and welcoming email for your own Progress Recovery Thread.

Hugs and best of luck. This too shall pass...quickly I hope
Unread 04-06-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciamae View Post
Hello Shme,

Oh the joys of the prep...you might try some hot peppermint or ginger tea if allowed by your doctor...as that calms the stomach a bit. I also strongly recommend having both tea and peppermint and ginger mints on hand for during your recovery in case nausea strikes. What you are describing Is an unpleasant feeling...but try to watch movies or something to distract yourself a bit.

I am assuming since you are taking the prep today, your surgery is tomorrow. Please go to your User Control Panel and put in your surgery date. You can also add what type of surgery yiu are having etc in the Member Survey Portion - by adding this necessary info, you will be sure to get your checkpoints and welcoming email for your own Progress Recovery Thread.

Hugs and best of luck. This too shall pass...quickly I hope
Surgery is tomorrow!!! Yay!!!
I haven't added what type of surgery because they don't know what kind it will be. They are doing a scope first and then will proceed.

I do everything from my phone. So for some reason it never shows any one my date. Not sure why.

Bowel prep isn't fun! But it's a must, so I am dealing with it. I just hate feeling like I have the flu. Only was to discribe this feeling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shme View Post
Surgery is tomorrow!!! Yay!!!
I haven't added what type of surgery because they don't know what kind it will be. They are doing a scope first and then will proceed.

I do everything from my phone. So for some reason it never shows any one my date. Not sure why.

Bowel prep isn't fun! But it's a must, so I am dealing with it. I just hate feeling like I have the flu. Only was to discribe this feeling.

Try again going to the User Control Panel than hit Edit Details. Re input the date of surgery and see if it saves the info this time.
Hugs and good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register