3 weeks post hysterectomy should i still be this tired and having pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post hysterectomy should i still be this tired and having pain? 3 weeks post hysterectomy should i still be this tired and having pain?

Unread 04-15-2015, 12:05 PM
3 weeks post hysterectomy should i still be this tired and having pain?

Thursday will be 3 weeks ago that I had my surgery. Should I still be feeling this tired? I feel like I have run a 10 mile race. Did anyone else still have pain? My stomach is still hurting and sore I also have sharp pains shooting thru the lower part of my stomach and I'm still not able to sleep on my sides because it hurt to much. I feel like everything sifts in my stomach and it is painful and I still have to sleep on my back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2015, 01:52 PM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy should i still be this tired and having pain?

Weeks 3-6 your internal stitches dissolve so you can have some pains when this happens and some discharge.
And yes you are still doing a lot of healing still so thats why you are tired.
The first three weeks your body is trying to deal with the shock of surgery and then the three weeks after that the body heals from the surgery.
When your body is tired, its telling you to rest, since we do our best healing in our sleep.
That all being said, if anything concerns you or you develop heavy discharge, foul discharge, fever or anything else, always get in to see your doctor.
Take great care and just remember you went through major surgery and it takes a good six weeks for our bodies to do the initial healing.
Unread 04-15-2015, 02:29 PM

Thank you Steff33
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2015, 02:41 PM

Your welcome
We are all in this together.
Take great care
Unread 04-15-2015, 03:20 PM

I'm almost a week ahead of you and I'm still feeling the same way...I get tired easily and I still get a lot of abdominal aches, pains, and cramps.

I took my kids to a playground yesterday and after being out for only 2 hours my body started hurting so bad I had to sit down b/c of the pain. I think I strained my core b/c I spent some time sitting on a backless bench. After I got home I had to spend the rest of the day sitting down w/ my feet up.

Like steff said, 3 weeks is not enough time for our body to fully heal from surgery. Even if you start to feel somewhat normal, it's important to remember to take everything slow. Trying to rush back into your normal routine can do more harm than good.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register