Lysis Of Adhesions Anyone??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lysis Of Adhesions Anyone??? Lysis Of Adhesions Anyone???

Unread 10-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Lysis Of Adhesions Anyone???

I had my LSH 12 weeks ago, tomorrow. Pretty much had a textbook recovery and then, the dreaded adhesions. I am pretty sure that is what it is. I really need to chat with my surgeon to see if he freed or lysed them off. I had them lysed in 03 and felt great afterward for 3 yrs. I have this swelly belly and constant feeling of fullness. I eat small amounts of food and feel twice as full. This was a symptom of it the last time. I just want to compare notes with some sisters, whether they are pre or post op. What are/were your symptoms?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Lysis Of Adhesions Anyone???

Hi Jennise -

I had my TAH in April 2005 had an amazing recovery, but started feeling bad in July. I had the same symptoms you describe, plus intense pain on the left side, as well as a kidney stone. In October 2005 I had a lap for an "ovarian cyst" my awesome dr found dense and abundant adhesions all over my bowel and both ovaries. 4 hrs later he and a general surgeon couldn't uncover my left ovary. Dec 2005 - after countless e-mails and phone calls from my Dr. - another laparoscopy. He removed my colon from my pelvic side wall and found my left ovary underneath all of that. My left ovary was shriveled. My right ovary remains encased in adhesions and I believe is beginning to poop out

My symptoms are very similar to yours - pain and pressure in lower back and pelvis, changes in bowel habits, full feeling etc. I felt great for 2 years and now pain is coming back with a vengance and perimenopause is around the corner.

The more surgeries you have the more adhesions will form - how many times can they lyse them. Is this going to be life long? I am 40. I am tired.

Good luck and Sorry so long.

** Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right** Robert Hunter

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register