11 hours.. Bugging out.. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

11 hours.. Bugging out.. 11 hours.. Bugging out..

Unread 01-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Re: 11 hours.. Bugging out..

gmac, Your mom will be with you and she will be holding you close as you go through surgery and recovery. I know b/c my mom was with me when I had both hips replaced and when I ended up with a kidney infection and back in the hospital 3 days after I got home from the second surgery. Just ask and she'll be there. YOu are are always and forever her little girl not matter where she is. <3

Good luck and stay positive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2012, 08:56 PM

Waiting for the surgery is the worst part. Waiting on a BM is the second worst part.
Unread 01-31-2012, 02:42 PM

Hi GMAC4_11,
I know the feeling. I got scared and canceled my DaVinchi about a month ago. I have since rescheduled and we go in myself on the 13th of February. Happy Valentine's Day to me haha. Anyways, I just wanted to tell you I stopped what I was doing and said a prayer for your fears to be relieved and for you to have a great recovery that you can tell the rest of us about soon enough. Pulling for you. God Bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2012, 02:54 PM

Good Luck to you. My date is 2-15 and I am bugging out alreay so I can only imagine what you are doing as well. God speed to a easy surgery and fast recovery,
Unread 01-31-2012, 03:02 PM

Keep busy today and sometimes sit down and chill out, eyes closed, taking slow deep breaths.
Once you get to the hospital it will be "all go" and you will be fine. The surgery is over before you know it and as others have said, you'll think "why was I so afraid???"
Remember you can ask for something to calm your nerves just before the op. and you won't care at all.....

I did a cryptic crossword while waiting for my time to get "gowned up" at the hospital and that kept my mind occupied really well!

See you on the other side soon!
Your mum will indeed be with you and holding your hand!
Unread 01-31-2012, 03:27 PM

I'm hoping and praying that all went well for you today!
Unread 01-31-2012, 04:07 PM

I had my hyster Monday! I have been doing great. I asked for something before going in for nerves which really helped. Everyone will be there to attend to you. Make sure your not in pain. And that you are on the road to recovery!!! I was starving too. I had a chocolate shake an hour after surgery. Then last night my friends brought me a steak n waffle fries. I had my appetite as soon as i woke up and no nausia! I had only two bites of lunch though after my shake because i was falling asleep. You will do great!!
Unread 01-31-2012, 06:05 PM

You'll be so glad you did it! For myself, no more fibroids creating acid reflux, pushing into my rectum blocking it off, no more pain down my legs, no more pain in my lower back, a bladder that works better, more energy.... and I'm 2 weeks of healing after TAH. You'll do great!
Unread 01-31-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielheart View Post
You'll be so glad you did it! For myself, no more fibroids creating acid reflux, pushing into my rectum blocking it off, no more pain down my legs, no more pain in my lower back, a bladder that works better, more energy.... and I'm 2 weeks of healing after TAH. You'll do great!

Yay, That sounds so encouraging. I hope she will have your experience and I hope I am so lucky too. Wishing you both speedy recoveries !
Unread 02-08-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttercup7 View Post
my date is the 15th of February and i expect i will be feeling the same as you especially the part about wishing your mother was here .Good luck to you and know that our mothers will be looking out for us from up above!
Hi, my syrgery also on th e15th. be strong!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register