biopsy before pre-op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

biopsy before pre-op biopsy before pre-op

Unread 04-24-2007, 01:54 PM
biopsy before pre-op

I also had a biopsy done in office with no meds. I did take an advil before like the dr told me to do. He said it was a very thin straw they use to take cells from inside the uterus. It felt like a pap test...just a little longer and it hurt just a little more. I didn't have much pain afterwards just some spotting...sounds like the advil worked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2007, 01:55 PM
biopsy before pre-op

I had a thickened endometrium (uterine lining) and had an endometrial biopsy before my ablation as a necessary cancer screening. Mine was done in the office w/o anesthesia. For me, it was similar to a pap - with a pinch, and the discomfort quickly passed.

If I had it to do over again I would've taken an ibuprofen, but I did fine anyway.

Hope you do well with it too. I know it sounds awful.

Gentle s,
Beth
Unread 04-24-2007, 03:32 PM
biopsy before pre-op

I had a uterine biopsy done in the office the day I learned of my TAH. It was a major pinch and then caused some cramping later in the day. Nothing a heating pad couldn't handle. (I'm sure we've all had worse.) The doctor was concerned about the size of my fibroid (11 cm) even though they are 99.25% benign. She also referred me to a gynocological oncologist. Talk about nervous. Everything came back normal, but that was the longest week of my life. My hospital routinely has an oncologist at the surgery just in case so I get two for the price of one. They scheduled me within two days of getting the "all-clear" from the oncologist.
Unread 04-24-2007, 05:47 PM
biopsy before pre-op

I also had a biopsy during my pre-op and mine did not go as well as the other ladies have posted. It was done in the doctors office without anesthesia. I went to my pre-op prepared for tests and exams, but nothing could have prepared me for this! Dr. did the biopsy, was painful while he was doing it, thought nothing of it. I was headed to pre-admissions after this and when I got there the cramping was horrific and I almost passed out (routine for me with my periods), my blood pressure dropped to 50/40 and they could not get it regulated for an hour and a half, they eventually moved me to the ER so they could stabilize me until I was well enough to go home. My pre-op appointment was at 3:30, I arrived home at 8:45 that night! I bled for 2 days after. It was terrible! Don't get me wrong, I am glad it was done to rule out cancer and to make sure that the hyst. procedure was the right one for me, but if I had to do it all over again, I would have had some local anesthesia.

I am sure my story is rare, and I do not want to scare anyone, it has to be done to make sure you are having the right surgery, and not everyone will have the same experience as me. Good luck to you.
Unread 04-24-2007, 05:59 PM
biopsy before pre-op

I had a biopsy done without anesthesia in the doctors office. For me it was painful and ended in cramps for a few days. It was not because of thickening of the uterus...I was fine in that way. It was because of spotting for a time period of just one day.

I was diagnosed with Endometrioid Adenocarcinoma in the very early stages. I was in shock at the time I was told because I was not in any pain or any discomfort. I was very happy that I had a doctor who did all he could to find the cause and didn't just tell me to wait for the next time it happened. A few days of cramps were worth the diagnosis and a speedy surgery.
Unread 04-24-2007, 06:02 PM
biopsy before pre-op

I do not have thickness. However, I have a growth on an ovary and the doctor wanted to do tests and I said, why bother; take it all. So we scheduled the surgery and it will all be gone later this week.
I did not see the sense, for me personally, to go through the tests, time, uncertainty, etc., when I wanted it all out anyway.
Good luck to you.
Unread 04-24-2007, 06:40 PM
biopsy before pre-op

I had the endometrial biopsy done in the doc's office..one 15 second cramp and it was over with. Unfortunately, it was also that time of month, so the remainder of my cycle was a miserable experience.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register