Discouraged due to big belly - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Discouraged due to big belly Discouraged due to big belly

Unread 04-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Re: Discouraged due to big belly

Hi, I was the same before my surgery, hard to fit pants and hated buying bigger pants just to fit the waist. Good news is that the pressure from that sucker is gone, no longer have to get up twice a night to p. No longer wonder if anyone notices that I am in the ladies room every 40 minutes at work. The swelling post surgery can take a while to go away, it seems to differ with people. But long term looks promising. Meanwhile there is usually some leeway on pants to move the button over a bit to help accomadate your waist. I gained some weight while I was home between lounging and I had quit smoking 4 weeks before my op. But I went back to work last week and every week gets better. I have it on good advice that it continues to improve.
Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2010, 03:46 AM

Thanks so much for your thoughts. I am glad everything is going well. Extra congratulations for quitting smoking not so long ago. That wouldn't have been easy despite everything else. Saturday evening was my worst day, but since I have received so many encouraging thoughts, I am beginning to feel that there will be an end in sight!
Unread 04-06-2010, 02:28 PM

My belly is so swollen too. The lower part is hard and the mid-drift is puffy swollen. I don't know if I should go on the rebounder or not. I used to be so sporty! The last 6 mths I have become so lethargic and tired.
Can't wait to be my normal self again - hopefully that is possible one day!!

As I was only told Monday a week ago about the surgery, I feel both elated and nervous!!

I wish you all a successful op and great recovery!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2010, 07:30 AM

I had 15-20 fibroids from grape size to apple size inside and outside the uterus and an enlarged uterus. Even with the swelling at almost 3 wks. post-op I am smaller and 5 lbs. lighter. I feel so much better without the bleeding (I have already skipped the time for my regular period once) and the crowded feeling. My stomach, bowels and bladder have some room again. Everyone of my friends said that I love my surgery and I do.
Unread 04-19-2010, 01:02 PM

OH what a relief I to could not loose the Belly fat, My uterus is 2 times the size and I am really looking forward to a smaller waist. Has any one tried the Swelly Belly? If so what did you think? I want to order it if you think its worth it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register