Suggestions needed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Suggestions needed Suggestions needed

Unread 12-04-2001, 05:21 PM
Suggestions needed

So here I sit waiting for the phone to ring, and I just had a terrible thought.....I won't have any time to prepare anything prior to my surgery! Being on the short wait list I will have a week I think once I am called, and what I have read means that I need to have a housekeeper lined up, interior decorator start right after Christmas to make my recovery more enjoyable as I stare at the walls, and start cooking and freezing meals immediately.

Help what do I do now....*taking a deeeeep breath*

Does anyone have any other quick ideas how to cope with that phone call and to get my life organized quickly prior to surgery???

Playinshy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2001, 06:14 PM
HELP!!!

OK like you said step back and take a deeeep breath. Now look at the big picture what has to be done make a list and check it twice. Do the necessary things and let the others sliiiiiide. I left my kitchen floor until the night before I went to the castle. I mopped my kitchen floor and took my sleeping pill (thanks to my great Doc) and went to bed. never thought of anything until I was about 2 months post-op and my DH said enough do something just kidding. It won't go away mad it will be there when you get better. Spend that time resting before you go to the castle and do just the NECESSARY things. Let us know so we can you on. God Bless .
Unread 12-04-2001, 06:36 PM
Suggestions needed

I agree ... take a deep breath n relax. Then make a list of all you'd like to have done. Then maybe putting in high to low order, meaning the one thing that absolutely must be done at the top and stuff like floss the dog's teeth goes at the bottom.

That way as you have time you can start doing things now, and when you get your call, won't be caught too off guard.

Granted, some things may bug you while you are recovering and you must resist the urger to over do it ... but all will work out fine.

BSQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2001, 06:57 PM
Suggestions needed

Yeah. What they said.

There's a lot you can do now, which will probably help you feel better prepared:
- Buy giant, soft underwear
- Buy comfy PJs
- Stock up on canned or bottled juices
- Stock up on soups, Jell-o, Gateraide...
- Gather up a few things to keep you amused (books, electronic games, puzzles).
- Get all your post-hyst meds and supplies (GasX, Colace, Tylenol...).
- Keep caught up on your chores (laundry, cleaning...).

By the time you get the call you'll be nearly ready to go.
Unread 12-05-2001, 12:50 PM
Suggestions needed

More pre-op suggestions:
1. Get a haircut.
2. SOFT, comfy clothes a must.
3. Stock up on postage stamps (thank you cards, bills, etc.)
4. If you have pet(s), buy advance supply of food for them.
5. Gather up some books, or order online.
6. If there are crafts you used to enjoy, but haven't had time lately. This is the time (however attention span first week or two after may be shorter than normal).
7. Digital thermometer a great asset, also mirror to check incision.
8. Light food for after till tummy settles down.
9. Stay well, lots of fluids, handwashing, avoid crowded spots.
Jan
Unread 12-06-2001, 09:06 PM
Feel a shopping spree coming on

Wow what a great list to get me started, I will definitely do some shopping for ME this weekend as I finish up my Christmas shopping. I actually had a new craft in mind for my recovery, but I got impatient and started it last night. I am going to get my photos organized and try my hand at scrapbooking all of them.

Plus I forgot to mention, I will have my mother coming to stay with me for a week (hoping the doctors can keep me that long admitted in the hospital...just kidding mom!) So I do thank my lucky stars that I will have another set of hands around the house.

Thanks everyone for your support and ideas.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register