swelling & pain after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

swelling & pain after hysterectomy swelling & pain after hysterectomy

Unread 03-27-2005, 02:49 PM
swelling & pain after hysterectomy

Hi,
just discovered this website today.

I am 34 yrs old & just had Hysterectomy 12 days ago. I decided to keep my ovaries due to my age.

It took me a whole year to make up my mind for the operation because I was looking for a way of keeping my uterus.

I had to go for this operation due to that the fibroids were so big & my menstration was very heavy & the pain unbearable. removing the fibroids alone meant leaving the uterus in a terrible state & my doctors said that I was most likely to go back for the op if I left the uterus because it would be damaged after the operation because I had 8 myomas ranging from the size of 4 cm to 10 cm. I looked as if I was 16-18 weeks (4-5 months) pregnant

Now i'm so depressed & I feel some sensation in my breasts... Is it normal? How long will It take me to get recover? The "cut" is swelling, itching & painful....
please advise!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2005, 03:23 PM

Glad to see you have joined us ...

I cant offer much help but I can send a hug.

Unread 03-27-2005, 04:27 PM

Hi lunar

I'm so sorry you're having problems Normal recovery time is 6-8 weeks but if your having trouble with your incision, don't hesitate giving your dr a call. You need to put your mind at ease.

This is major surgery and it takes many weeks to recover. Do take it easy.....drink lots of water, get plenty of rest and take little walks. Just don't over do or it could cause problems. Listen to your body. It will tell you when you need to slow down.

Sending you big ss Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Blessings and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2005, 05:36 PM

If your incision is really swelling at 12 days post-op. Red, weeping, or hot to the touch you better call your doctor right away you may need to be on antibiotics or if you already are you may need to switch to something else. I'm not a doctor but I take care of women who are post surgical usually after c-section and swelling this long after would be reason for at least someone to take a look.
Please don't wait.
Get well soon and try not to scratch. pat with ice in a clean gauze instead.
Unread 03-29-2005, 07:27 AM

Hi, I think that a call to your dr may be a good idea. Being cautious is usually a good idea. A hyst is a major surgery and takes a bit of time for recovery.

I was somewhat emotional and felt a bit depressed after my hyst. After my hrt was regulated, it did get better

Best wishes, please keep us updated on how you're doing.

s
Unread 03-29-2005, 02:00 PM

hello all!
thanx for your advice. I will surely call on my doc tomorrow. I'm glad this site exists. I very much appreciate your help & advice.

I will keep u posted.
take care!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register