TAH 1 week post hysterectomy: Tight tummy muscles and breast tingles | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week post hysterectomy: Tight tummy muscles and breast tingles 1 week post hysterectomy: Tight tummy muscles and breast tingles

Unread 05-05-2017, 12:10 AM
1 week post hysterectomy: Tight tummy muscles and breast tingles

Hi fellow hyster sisters from down under!
I have been experiencing a tingling tightness in my tummy muscles around my scar (after TAH) when I stand or move, is anyone else?
Also been having breast tingling - feels a bit like a "let down" when breastfeeding. Not sure what this is all about. Anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2017, 08:49 AM
Re: 1 week post hysterectomy: Tight tummy muscles and breast tingles

It's not something I have experienced, but it sounds like it is likely a normal part of the process. There is a lot of healing that needs to be done to the muscles and the nerves, which can lead to all kinds of odd sensations.

The breast tingling - if you had your ovaries removed then there is obviously a lot of hormonal changes, but even if you didn't, the disturbances internally can disrupt the ovaries, and it can take a little while for the hormones to return to normal.
Unread 05-05-2017, 02:10 PM
Re: 1 week post hysterectomy: Tight tummy muscles and breast tingles

and

The tingling could be nerves beginning to repair themselves. Sisters have shared about tingling or burning when describing it - I had a spot between two incisions and it was rather strange. The tightness - are you swelling at all? Could be Swelly Belly .

The breast tenderness/tingling is likely hormonal, even if you kept your ovaries. They tend to be a bit traumatized and sluggish after surgery, and it can take several weeks for them to get going again. Meanwhile we deal with the symptoms of hormone imbalance. If you start noticing other issues like mood swings, hot flashes, keep a journal. At your next appointment, you can share what's going on with your doctor to consider how to best manage it.

Rest well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register