TAH 2 weeks postop and path report | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks postop and path report 2 weeks postop and path report

Unread 12-07-2010, 09:07 PM
2 weeks postop and path report

I will be 2 weeks postop tomorrow...Im still a lot sore and very tired. Im STILL having to take pain meds once or twice a day, but that is way better than 2 weeks ago. Had a dr appt today and he went over the path report of what they found. He said the report came back with something called adenomyosis. It totally scared me when he said it, I was afraid that might mean cancer or something. He had to tell me 3 times that it wasnt cancer, and that the hysterectomy is the 100% cure for this condition. THis is something I had never even heard of, so I had to do a little looking to find out what it is. From what I read its a condition that happenes to mostly women in their 30's that have had children, and some kind of uterine surgery. I met all three. I was actually very happy to get a "diagnosis" because I had been told over and over and over that everything that was going on with me was "normal," the "result of getting older," or having kids. I finally have closure for myself. Even though the surgery was a lot rougher than I thought it would be (I will post my story in here next) I cant say I have any regrets in having it done. For me thee only really bad part has been that Im not allowed to drive or lift until 3 weeks out due to a LOT of scar tissue that I had from previous surgeries (4 c sections) I am soooo glad that I found a doctor that didnt just dismiss me and my issues like 2 other doctors had done. Im glad that I fought through the fear of surgery and the pain of recovery. So have any of my fellow hyster sisters even heard of this condition that I had? From what I read once it happens, the only "good" cure is a total hysterectomy.

Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Re: 2 weeks postop and path report

Hi, I had a TAH on 11/17, and I had adenomyosis too. I was diagnosed with it 2 years ago, and put the surgery off. Of course, things just got worse during that time. I fit the profile for it as well, I've had 5 pregnancies, 6 children and 2 c-sections, and I'm 41. Like you, I have no regrets, but the surgery has been a bit rougher than I thought it would be. Hope your recovery goes well
Unread 12-07-2010, 09:52 PM

For me it wasnt the surgery that was so rough, it has been the recovery...im VERY active and this sitting around not able to drive for 3 weeks is driving me crazy lol. I am so ready to be able to drive and pick up my baby who is only 8 months old and has been staying with grandma for the last 2 weeks minus weekends since my husband is home on the weekends. Ive had 8 pregnancies, 4 c sections, and 4 kids and this recovery has been WAY different from a c section! I am soo glad that there is someone else out there that had the same thing that I did. I went to 3 different dr's before I found one that actually sat down and listened to me and figured out what was wrong! I wish there was more out there about this, as it was never even mentioned to me until today. So you are 3 weeks post op now? Are you feeling better than you were a week ago? Sorry for the questions, I am still kinda new at this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:15 PM

Yes, the recovery is what I meant is harder. The actual post surgery pain was worse for my twins c-section. But the recovery is so different! I'm 3 weeks post-op tomorrow. I drove for the first time today and went a couple places and am definitely feeling it now! I still have some pain and my incision is still having some problems, but overall I'm getting better every day. Thankfully!
Unread 12-07-2010, 10:28 PM

Im so ready to drive! Esp cause the dishwasher smoked and died and I have to get a new one...and I hate to drag the hubby out dishwasher shopping lol
Unread 12-07-2010, 10:29 PM

I had a TAH on 11/17 for endometriosis and fibroid cysts. The pathology report also showed that I had adenomyosis. I am 33 years old and have never been able to get pregnant and I had never had any uterine surgery before hysterectomy. I guess I am the odd man out. Overall, I am glad to have gone through with the surgery and to be done with the pain. My recovery is slow going and that frustrates me, but it is getting better every day. Good luck to all of you in your own recoveries!
Unread 12-07-2010, 10:37 PM

Thanks, hope your recovery goes well too. I understand what you mean about the recovery being slow. I'm so glad I did this, but so ready to be back to normal. This has been a slow process.
Unread 12-08-2010, 07:12 AM

I just had my AH on 12/2 did not like my hospital exp. I had a great tech. older black lady funny as h---! She helped me so much made me get up walk keep me smiling when I wanted to cry! I will be sending her something for x-mas! Its nice to see people who love their job and it shows.. I'm doing gd. I am a mover so its hard for me to stay in one place very long. So I have 3 places fixed up so I can move from one to the other. I know I over did it mon. so rested more yesterday. HysterSisters is great!
Unread 12-08-2010, 03:12 PM

I too had adnomyosis. Have had it for a couple of years. Periods just kept getting longer and more painful so I had a da vanici assisted total vaginal hysterectomy. I am 5 weeks post op today. The first few weeks were really tough and I wondered why I did it. Today at 5 weeks I still have some discomfort but am back to doing everything I did before surgery (except having sex yet). Take it one day at a time as time really does help.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register