Upcoming hysterectomy 9/8 but no guarantee of pain issues resolving | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 9/8 but no guarantee of pain issues resolving Upcoming hysterectomy 9/8 but no guarantee of pain issues resolving

Unread 09-07-2015, 12:55 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 9/8 but no guarantee of pain issues resolving

I have a robotic hysterectomy this Tuesday but there are no guarantees any of my pain issues will be resolved. I started having bladder pain, what felt like a UTI back in May and the first test showed no infection but then they called back and said the culture did show one, so I thought it was a done deal after antibiotics. However, the pain got worse and worse until it reached a level I've never experienced and moved to my vulva region. No one knew what was wrong with me and LONG story short - I have a tumor of some sort on my cervix (4cm) that gyno said could only be removed by hysterectomy but no one seems to think it is causing all my pain.

My pain is my vulva area (a burning, electric-shock nerve pain), clitoral pain, bladder pain sometimes with frequency but sometimes not and then burning during urination sometimes and spasms. Then, I have pain under my old c-section scar, feels like something tearing away. Then, I have diarrhea constantly and it burns and is orange and/or yellow and watery. My periods are only 2 days and not much pain there but I do have severe pain during ovulation. I also have low back pain, groin/thigh pain and get numbness where my entire pelvis goes numb from sitting sometimes. The pain gets pretty intense at times and some days I can't even walk. I've also lost 24 pounds in 2 months and have a low or no appetite, although that has gotten better on a new medication.

The only answers I've gotten are that I have: Interstitial Cystitis, vestibulitis, vulvodynia, nerve damage from prior surgery, bile salt diarrhea (from gallbladder removal last year) and then sacroiliac joint dysfunction in my lower back.

I really just hope that this tumor my cervix is causing ALL of this stuff and once it is gone, I will be better. I can't understand how I could have so many things down there. I really do think this tumor could be creating such tension down there that all of this is happening.

Anyone in the same boat as me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2015, 10:31 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 9/8 but no guarantee of pain issues resolving

Oh, nabekaza, I'm so sorry. I have different issues from you, so I can't give advice or share experiences ... but I sympathize. I send you a big hug and pray that your surgery goes well. Maybe you'll find some relief; at least, it's the first step, right? Good luck.
Unread 09-07-2015, 03:32 PM

Hi nabekaza -

I am so sorry you are dealing with all of this . Getting the tumor out of there is important, though. Hopefully this surgery will help with the rest of your problems.

Good luck with your surgery. We will be waiting for you on the other side.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2015, 11:37 PM

I have an update since having my hysterectomy - my uterus was adhered to my bladder with scar tissue and they had to scrape it off, and I also had adhesions in my pelvic region. So, this could be the cause of my bladder issues and I'm hopefully waiting to see after I heal up if they are gone!!
Unread 09-19-2015, 12:59 AM

My fingers are crossed for you! Hope your recovery is going well and your pain issues really are resolved.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register