Scared of what will happen | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared of what will happen Scared of what will happen

Unread 09-15-2005, 07:46 PM
Scared of what will happen

Ladies, I am having my hyst. next Thursday (22nd). I thought I was going in for a hysterectomey w/possibly one ovary being removed. When I got my referral (which first said outpatient), it said I was going to have an exploratory through the b.b, and then possible full hysterctomy, and lymph node dissection. What the heck????? I'm petrified to go under anesthesia, and now I don't even know what the outcome will be till I'm done. I've been holding it together pretty well, with occasional pity parties. I'm scared...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2005, 07:50 PM

I think it is normal to be scared. This operation is a big deal, and it takes alot out of you. Just try to relax, do something special for yourself between now and op time.
Take a deep breath, you'll do fine.
Hugs to you
snickers
Unread 09-15-2005, 07:56 PM

{{{{HUGS}}}}

It sounds like your dr. is being quite thorough. I wish that I had some good answers for you. I knew that I would be having my ovaries, tubes, and uterus removed, but I didn't know until I woke up if it would be LSH or ASH.

I've been under GA 7x (with the last 6 in the last 3 yrs). I'm pretty aprehensive each time. When the surgeries were done by my OB/GYN, she would hold my hand and talk to me while they put me to sleep. It made me so much more relaxed to have that connection. My hyst was the first time I didn't get relaxing meds before surgery (I was in so much pain I was begging for surgery), but I have to say they give you a whole new prespective once they kick in.

It's such a major decision and with so many variables, it's normal to be scared. Especially when you don't know for sure what they are going to do.

I hope that over the next week you find some peace.
Rhonda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2005, 07:58 PM

Ladies, thanks for your kind words. I know I'll be fine. It is so wonderful to find this sight. I just wish there was one for stepparents too.
Unread 09-15-2005, 08:03 PM

Hi Elisabeth,

I was also very much afraid before my surgery. From what I have read most of us are. It is good you are asking questions. Getting the answers can help with some of the fear. Your Dr is the one who sent for the insurance approval, so to get the best answers for your questions about that you should call his office. Either he or his nurse should be able to tell you why they sent it through that way.

In one of your posts you mentioned that he thinks there is a slight possibility that the mass in front of your ovary might be cancer, even though he suspects it is another fibroid. It is a lot better for you if he gets insurance approval for every possibility to make sure you are covered "just in case". If this has caused anxiety, and it would for me too, then I really think you should call your Dr just so you can get your questions answered instead of continuing to guess or assume.

I will be hoping and praying that it is just another fibroid and that once your surgery is over you will be feeling better than ever.

s,
Kay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register