When your internal stitches were dissolving (I had TVH), did you experience..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When your internal stitches were dissolving (I had TVH), did you experience..... When your internal stitches were dissolving (I had TVH), did you experience.....

Unread 06-23-2006, 09:13 AM
When your internal stitches were dissolving (I had TVH), did you experience.....

Vaginal (I adore the sister who call it her "virginia"-cracks me up every time!!) itching and a clear/light yellow mucous-y discharge? I had none until 2 weeks out! None at castle or until now! Nurse at my doc's office just asked all pertinent questions-fever, bleeding, pelvic pain, redness and I am a nope to all. Says it is stitches dissolving but call if anything changes. Just thought I'd check with the sisters and see if anyone had similar. Appreciate any comments. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2006, 09:27 AM
When your internal stitches were dissolving (I had TVH), did you experience.....

Yes, and it could last for weeks!!
Unread 06-23-2006, 10:29 AM

Thanks for your reply. Your been-there-had-that makes me feel better! Crazy how we now like to be in stitches/discharge/insomnia norm groups! My how things change! Weird stuff does not seem so weird if you have others who share...haha! Blessings to you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2006, 10:34 AM
oh great another thing to look forward too.LOL

I havent had any of this yet. I am just getting to second week out. Can we use cream for the itching on the outside?
Unread 06-23-2006, 11:06 AM

Hey,

I just got off the phone with my doctors office about my back, but asked about discharge. She said to not be alarmed if in 2 weeks that the discharge is like a period and the is can vary from light yellow to brown to pink to red. Why don't they tell you that stuff early on???

Hope you are feeling ok...

Kristi
Unread 06-23-2006, 11:19 AM

I went to the dr yesterday and he told me that the discharge stops when the stitches are dissovled.
Unread 06-23-2006, 11:58 AM

I am having vaginal itching & discharge also. Glad to know I'm not the only one. I'm 10 days post-op & maybe it is the stitches coming out. Thanks for posting!
Unread 06-23-2006, 06:16 PM

I'm 24 days post op and I still havent' seen any stiches. Maybe I've missed them???
Anyone else not seen them
Unread 06-23-2006, 07:54 PM

I was exactly 8 days out when I saw my first stitch and noticed the odor that my doctor's nurse assured me would come and be "normal"....I'm now 15 days out and have only seen maybe 3-4 stitches but plenty of the yellow discharge and strange odor...not sure how long it is supposed to last but have been taking care to wipe with medicated pads containing witchhazel...they are cool and soothing and help keep the area clean between showers... does this help?
Unread 06-23-2006, 08:21 PM

I'm four weeks post op and still having discharge nor have I seen any stitches! I may have missed them, I suppose. But if the discharge stops when the stitches dissolve.....I probably haven't passed them yet! My discharge has changed to look a little more like a light period - not bright red though - more like pink and brown.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register