Check Out Time at Hystersister Hotel -- Thanks from Luv2Wine | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Check Out Time at Hystersister Hotel -- Thanks from Luv2Wine Check Out Time at Hystersister Hotel -- Thanks from Luv2Wine

Unread 06-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Check Out Time at Hystersister Hotel -- Thanks from Luv2Wine

Hi Sistahs

Well the time has come for me to return to the real world. My 8 wks off work ends today as I go back on Monday. I wanted to say some thank yous now as I imagine I won't be visiting here as much from now on.

My profile says I joined on May 14/06 which is 2 wks after leaving the Castle. Since then I have done 4 posts/day for a total of 164 and started 21 threads. As I look back I think of all the wonderful support I received from my sistahs and this site.

And of course a lot of laffs- -who can forget the popular 'How much did your uterus weigh?' or 'Name your fibroid' or how 'bout 'What's your guilty pleasure?' just to name a few. I learned about 4shelties2luv 3900 g whopper fibroid and ovaries named Lefty, fibroids named Freddie, Lumpy, and Dee Dee (after an annoying ex).

I laffed till I cried about how we were suffering from short term memory loss and the gal who left all her groceries in the car forgotten until she got hungry at dinner, or the one who lost both her PDA, paper list and remote control or the sister who wondered how her hairdryer got in the freezer!

And the cheers of support for Vega when she finally climbed her stairs, or the countless number of 'You go girl!' when sisters wrote that they had pooped, had sex, or driven for the first time.

There was a thought provoking thread started some time back about how we feel differently emotionally post hyster. I felt such connection with my fellow hystersisters and shared the same sort of revelation about how I would endeavour to take this trauma and make my life better from this point forward. I made a list and want to share with you all how I'm doing at keeping my 'New Me Resolutions'.

As promised, I did return to yoga classes, bought a balance ball to do gentle abs at home in front of TV, am now a patron of the arts with a yearly subscription to the ballet for 4 performances, I walk 2-3 miles every day and my letter is written and will be delivered 8 am Monday morning to my boss announcing me dropping a day of work.

This forced confinement has given me the time and space to see how disconnected I had become from my own life while I was so busy running around doing things for everyone else. For the past 8 wks I have had the luxury of reconnecting with my home, my garden, my kids, my friends, my hobbies, the things I love to do. This week I went and had a pedicure spur of the moment because it made ME feel good!

The rest of the world may take some time getting used to the new ME but watch out world cuz here I come!

The 8 wks post op has flown by but I know that my recovery would not have been the success it has without the love and support of my real life friends and my cyber sisters here on this site. God bless you all for being there for me and each other. I'll be dropping by from time to time to catch up and check in. Thanks Kathy Keeper of the Keys and Fibroid Woman Information Keeper for your support too.

I've met some wonderful gals on this site and made a friend or two for life (you know who you are ) and will be forever grateful to you all.

Wishing all my hystersisters healthy healing and love,

Pat aka luv2wine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2006, 01:24 PM

Awww shucks, luv2wine, while we are all thrilled at your recovery, you will be missed on these boards. I think I speak for all the sistahs when I say we wish you much success on the reinvention of yourself. And of course we send you good vibes for the continued healing you have before. I know you are well on your way in both cases!

Things just won't be the same without your incredible sense of humor, your friendship and your support for all of your sistahs.

I propose a toast: To luv2wine..Health, Happiness and Success in all you endeavor! Enjoy the Grand New Adventures that lay before you. You will be missed.
Unread 06-23-2006, 02:55 PM

I'll drink a bottled water to that!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2006, 03:02 PM

Luv2wine, I hope you'll still pop in to keep us updated on your new and improved life! Maybe on that day off you're going to have
Unread 06-23-2006, 03:15 PM

luv2whine, I will really miss your posts. I wish you continued good healing, and the new you will be wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!! Please pop in to let us know how you are doing. Here's to you, HysterSister!! take care Lyzzy
Unread 06-23-2006, 03:23 PM

Luv2Wine,
I've been back at work for a while now so only pop in once in a while as well. I'm sorry I've missed most of your posts because you sound like an absolute joy to have gotten to know. Best of wishes to you in your new life. I, too, have made some changes. It's amazing what being forced to slow down can do to a person. It has made me put things in perspective and truly realize my priorities, which had gotten severly out of whack. That in itself made my surgery worth it. To come "home" is truly the best thing in the world. I'll be looking for your posts to see how you're doing when you do pop in.
The best to you.
Unread 06-23-2006, 03:41 PM

Luv2Wine!!
I'm going to miss you!! I wish you nothing but the best with all those "life changes"...<grumble> Wish I could cut back a day!!

Send me a PM anytime and let me know how you are doing!!
Unread 06-23-2006, 04:43 PM

Awww..gosh thanks guys

And surgeryshy1, I will PM you and we can compare notes from our part of the world! Looking forward to it.

Vega, you've had a rough time of it but with your beautiful smile and spirit, I know you will conquer all.

And I will pop in and report back to you..you'll all be my conscience!

luv2wine
Unread 06-23-2006, 05:27 PM

Oh, Pat, thank you so much for everything---you're such a great sister. When you write this--

"This forced confinement has given me the time and space to see how disconnected I had become from my own life while I was so busy running around doing things for everyone else. For the past 8 wks I have had the luxury of reconnecting with my home, my garden, my kids, my friends, my hobbies, the things I love to do. This week I went and had a pedicure spur of the moment because it made ME feel good!

The rest of the world may take some time getting used to the new ME but watch out world cuz here I come!"

---I think it could be our manifesto. I know I'm printing it out for my bulletin board. Thank you so much for your support and help and information. Let's make a vow to meet up here again at about 6 months, ok everybody? Hang in there, and all very best---
Anne
Unread 06-23-2006, 05:36 PM

What an incredible post. I'm printing it out to put it on my bulletin board too. I'm just speechless right now, but wanted to thank you so very very much for taking the time to write that. Janet

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register