Hot all the time - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hot all the time Hot all the time

Unread 12-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Hot all the time

Hi Intune,

Good to see you here finally at post op. I know you had been cancelled a couple times and so glad for you it's finally over and that you're here on the other side.

It sounds to me this is hormonal. I am the complete opposite of you. Since my surgery I am cold a lot of the times..what's up with that? I am on NO HRT too? I should be flashing galore now..but nope, I am cold. I am overweight and the doc said I am living on stored estrogen in my fat cells...so time will show it.

Good luck and you have my prayers for a great, uneventful recovery. Glad your surgery went well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Hot all the time

I too was hot then cold etc especially at night. It finally passed 4 weeks out.YEAH!!!
Unread 12-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Hot all the time

Four Weeks?????

Ugh

Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Hot all the time

During the first 2 weeks I fluctuated between hot and freezing. One day I was so cold and my family was begging me to turn on the AC. Unbeknownst to me, it was 85 degrees in the house!
Unread 12-05-2006, 08:40 AM
Hot all the time

LOL @ Blueballoon!

We're in winter here so I've got everyone trying to "keep the house at 71-72" and I'm looking more for about 67!
I've told them all to put on a sweater!
Unread 12-05-2006, 09:37 AM
Hot all the time

Glad I'm not the only one with the hot and cold thing. First I'm sweating and then I'm frozen. I have to laugh and think to myself Mamma said there would be days like this. I can deal with this. What I couldn't take was the pain pre-op. This is easy; at least I can do something to fix it such as go outside and sit in the porch swing in the 20 degree weather LOL!!! Then I'll come inside and take cover under the electric blanket. I can take 20 more years of this but I don't know how DH & DD will ever make it.
Unread 12-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Hot all the time

Hi
I'm not too sure of the situation, but it depends on a few things. I'm going through menopause and just underwent a total hysd. on November 3rd. My hot flashes were intense for the first month, but the bio-identical estrogen seems to be regulating them a bit. There's nothing worse than feeling hot and edgy, burning up. I'm hoping this will pass for you. I wish I could be of more help. Maybe consult your doc on the different options you may have to help you with them.
Unread 12-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Hot all the time

Intune!!! My internet has been down, so not much posting for me. I was hoping to see your name when I returned to the cyber world. Glad you are home and recovering. Sorry to hear about your thermostat problems. I have been ok, but I did experience that when I had surgery several years ago. My guess is anesthesia, but it could be those crazy hormones, too.

carrie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register