TAH 1 day post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 day post hysterectomy 1 day post hysterectomy

Unread 12-23-2015, 01:26 PM
1 day post hysterectomy

I had my Total robotic assisted hysterectomy yesterday 12/22/15, I'm home very sore, my belly is somewhat swollen, 4 incisions sealed with glue, lower back pain, no drainage or bleeding so far, had some bad pains last night thank God for the morphine pump...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2015, 03:21 PM
Re: 1 day post hysterectomy

It will get better!

Unread 12-23-2015, 03:23 PM
1 day post hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethUK View Post
It will get better!

I will be glad I'm hurting so bad,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2015, 04:46 PM
1 day post hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnesha View Post
I had my Total robotic assisted hysterectomy yesterday 12/22/15, I'm home very sore, my belly is somewhat swollen, 4 incisions sealed with glue, lower back pain, no drainage or bleeding so far, had some bad pains last night thank God for the morphine pump...
I'm with ya on this one I had the same yesterday and can not believe the intense pain! I have a high pain tolerance so this is crazy! I have had minimal spotting but one of my insisions keeps bleeding (nothing major) and I get super dizzy. Otherwise I'm inspired to get this recovery going 🤗
Unread 12-23-2015, 04:51 PM
1 day post hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina4 View Post

I'm with ya on this one I had the same yesterday and can not believe the intense pain! I have a high pain tolerance so this is crazy! I have had minimal spotting but one of my insisions keeps bleeding (nothing major) and I get super dizzy. Otherwise I'm inspired to get this recovery going 🤗
This pain is off the charts, I feel like I have been punched 1000 times in the stomach, no spotting. My incision in my naval was bleeding last night they packed it with gauze its been ok since then, I'm hoping this pain don't last to long
Unread 12-23-2015, 05:07 PM
1 day post hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnesha View Post
This pain is off the charts, I feel like I have been punched 1000 times in the stomach, no spotting. My incision in my naval was bleeding last night they packed it with gauze its been ok since then, I'm hoping this pain don't last to long
I was not prepared for this pain at all! My belly is so swollen it hurts. It's been 24hrs now and I'm finally feeling like I'm on earth at least! I was upset when my husband said I was not making Christmas dinner he's ordering pizza boy am I relieved he's doing that now 😊
Unread 12-23-2015, 05:20 PM

I am 2 days post op today, inked in the long run this will all be worth it but, I have been hurt pretty bad today myself... I don't have a morphine pump I was sent home with tramadol and 800 mg of Ibpropen. My whole body is just so tense I can't relax. I have been extremely tired which I hear is to be expected. I'm just ready to get this recovery road headed in the right direction. Prayers for you girls hope it gets better soon!
Unread 12-23-2015, 06:05 PM
1 day post hysterectomy

Hi ladies! I had a DaVinci total hysterectomy and kept both ovaries on 12/7. That first week for me was pretty rough. Felt like I had done 10 million stomach crunches and side bends, gas pains that were sharp and awful, etc. I would say the first week is the worst! Make sure you are:
-drinking lots of water
-consider taking Gas-X for relief
-walking around the house every hour, I set my cellphone alarm
I felt like a zombie on the Walking Dead!! But, I promise you it will keep getting better. Rest, rest, rest!! Hang in there!
Unread 12-23-2015, 06:20 PM

Thank you it's so good to hear from others who've been through it helps me keep pressing fwd and knowing what "normal is! Prayers for you kacey!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register