still no help (venting) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

still no help (venting) still no help (venting)

Unread 05-13-2008, 10:07 AM
still no help (venting)

Hi all
I posted last week about doing to much. I went to the docs on thurs he said as far as he could tell I was healing ok but because I can't bear down he couldn't tell if I had torn anything, I also didn't ave the guts to tell him I have no help with my kids and tat I was lifting my 20 pound baby cleaning vacuuming dishes laundry looking after all 4 of my kids I hate the fact everytime I do something I am wondering what damage I did this time or that time it is comsuming my every thought I have been doing all this since a week after surgery and I am scared my poor husban d feels like crap because he has no choice but to work his hands are tied my mom was supposed to come help but she ended up in hosptial 2 days after I got home from the hospital and still there awaiting surgery anyway sorry to un load just have nobody to talk to about this just needed to get it off my chest
Karen
ps I hope everyone is taking good care of themselves after teir surgeries and is healing well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2008, 10:53 AM
still no help (venting)

Sunflower,
You poor thing! Do you have any friends or any other family members who could help you? Can your DH take care of the kids and help you when he gets home? I'm sorry I didn't catch your post last week, so I don't know your full situation. Maybe you should call your doctor and tell him your situation, in hopes that they can offer some suggestions for help. Please try to let the cleaning and vacuuming etc go. Make friends with the dust bunnies! LOL Only do what you absolutely have to. I know that is hard to do. I have three kids and when my recovery was done my house was a pit! But looking back it was worth my recovery and the house slowly got back to order. I hope that you will find a solution. Don't be sorry about venting, this is the perfect place to vent and unload!

(((big hugs)))
Unread 05-13-2008, 11:43 AM
still no help (venting)

i agree let go of the house work for now... it will be there for you when you heal more(unfortuantly)do you have an older child? have them vacuum... my 7 yo does it sometimes when it gets to bad..
or use a dustbuster for now ... i feel so bad for u.. no easy solutions.. i wish i could help you, i can only say a prayer that you heal wonderfully and have no complications...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2008, 03:23 PM
still no help (venting)

Hi Sunflower

I feel for your girlfriend but you are more important than anything right now, so leave the dusting, vacumming, etc..it will get done eventually, you need your rest.

is there a church near by that you can call for help, I am sure that even if you dont attend regularly, when you tell them your situation, I am sure they will help in every which way they can....

I really do think you should be honest with your doctor so he in return can make sure your recovery is a good one...
Unread 05-13-2008, 03:48 PM
still no help (venting)

Yes, Sunflower let the things that do not matter go they can be done later go. Have your husband pick up fast food on the way home, he can catch up on what really needs doing in the evenings and weekends.

How about neighbors?? I am not frieldly with any of mine but would go help someone if they yelled for help!
Unread 05-13-2008, 03:49 PM
still no help (venting)

Karen, I am so sorry for your situation. Here are a few thoughts...if you must do housework please only do the bare minimum. Let the vaccuming go, don't mop the floors, pick up laundry in very small quantities. Have your older kids do some of the lifting/carrying. When you change diapers, do it on the floor so you don't lift.

Hopefully you can take care of yourself so you will be able to keep taking care of your family.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register