Feeling overwhelmed.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling overwhelmed.... Feeling overwhelmed....

Unread 06-07-2011, 04:45 AM
Feeling overwhelmed....

I am due to have a a hysterectomy at end of the month and I am scared. I hurt every day and I look forward to being pain free. But I'm sad that I will no longer be able to have babies. I had an exploratory Lap recently and discovered I have a severe case of endomitriosis and my uterus is glued some how to my vaginal wall... I am not sure what all the proper terms are. I just know its hurts. I have 2 babies, and thought I was done. But now that I know even if I decided to have one more its not possible. It just makes me sad. My two were suprise babies and I caught a lot of crap from my inlaws. So I tied my tubes. Which now I admit was a mistake. Now the doc tells me even if I hold off on a hysterectomy I cant have kids. My periods are so screwed up and the position of my uterus is to dangerous.... I know I have to be strong, but how? I dont know how to do this. Being a mom and a wife came naturally. But being 24 years old and facing a hyster and oophor is harder than I thought it would be. June 28th I start the path to no more physical pain. But in the meantime how do I handle the highs and lows?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2011, 04:56 AM
Re: Feeling overwhelmed....

Hi. I have quite a story that might help. We tried for 10 years to get preg. Nothing happened so we went and get checked and they found nothing wrong. They gave us all kinds of options for fertility treatments which we turned down right away. We decided to adopt. It was our first choice, not a last resort. See, my kids and our adoption taught me so much. I was greiving and sad and upset that we could not get preg and to make matters worse, I was teaching at a school for high risk kids, so what I saw there broke my heart. It made me so upset to see what these parents were doing to these kids and here I would make the most awesome mom, but "God wouldn't allow me to have kids." Or so that's what I thought. You are probaaly feeling this right now..."why me?" Well, I quickly learned that everything REALLY REALLY does happen for a reason..even the bad stuff..sometimes the bad stuff is actually the BEST stuff! What I got was 2 beautiful, amazing kids..and I got to be a mom! God wasn't punishing me, and I never looked at it again as something I couldn't have..it was a different route to my ultimate dream. And let me tell you..it makes NO difference that my 2 kiddies did not come from me!!! They are so much like us, plus I love seeing the things they inhereted from their birthfamilies too..it's part of who they are. This whole journey that started off being so horrible and so sad has turned into being the most amazing blessing of my life. I hope the same for you too..don't be sad..you never can tell right now why you have to go through this..but in the future it may hit you like a brick wall like it did for me. Without all that pain, I couldn't be as happy as I am today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register