12 Days of Hystmas....and second thoughts!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12 Days of Hystmas....and second thoughts!! 12 Days of Hystmas....and second thoughts!!

Unread 10-21-2002, 08:30 PM
12 Days of Hystmas....and second thoughts!!

Hey there Supportive Sisters,

I am 12 days away from my Nov 1st surgery..... and I am nervous with second thoughts!!

I saw an acupuncturist today for my multiple symptoms (some that may not be related)..... and he of course discouraged hysterectomy, saying that we can address the bleeding, cramps and other things with remedies and acupuncture.

Am I making a huge irreversible decision?? Is this unnecessary??
Since my tests and blood work show 'nothing serious'.... am I diving in to a major surgery for silly reasons??

I DO have HEAVY and LONG periods, very irregular and sometimes 18 days out of the month I bleed! I have lots of pain, clotting and cramping, and am also slightly anemic. Doc suspects endo or adenomyosis, but that's all we know for sure.

Gosh, it's ironic that today my lower back is KILLING me, my breastaand I am about to start my period. Maybe THIS menses will remind me and stabilize my anxiety!???

Any other's with similar second thoughts??

THanks,
Cori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2002, 09:22 PM

Cori,
Second thoughts I think is quite normal. I know I had them. I suffered horribly from endo. Yeah the heavy bleeding, chronic pain. anemia. no life. carrying a diaper bag around, due to the bleeding. I hated the idea of having this surgery done. I felt like my woman hood was being taken. I had so many fears. Gee, where do I begin. I was scared. But I did go through with it. I have to tell you. I have no regrets. I still am having problems. But, my quality of life has improved greatly. Yeah, I wanted to back out. but I didn't. Only you can make that decision. I know its hard. But think, you have gotten this far. You can do it. Hang in there. Good luck!!

s

Angl
Unread 10-22-2002, 04:33 AM

Second thoughts are normal. The important thing is you are comfortable with this decision. If you are not, then get a second or third or fourth (or however many you need) opinion.

Sorry, I don't have much experience with alternative-medicine type therapies. Never even been to a chiropractor.

Best wishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2002, 05:49 AM
a little experience with acu here

symptom control maybe, and I give it a strongly qualified maybe. I tried acu for my infertility and the acu I saw (not the one I am seeing now) seemed to have a different diagnosis and herb for me every time I came in. For a short period of time, the herbs regulated my periods (believe it or not, I wasn't having any bleeding to speak of) but that didn't last. She was so anti-surgery she screamed at me when I went to a proctologist and had work done. Too bad, hemmorhoids were killing me and her herbs were helping but slowly. I will take a fast fix any day.

Second reason I abandoned Traditional Chinese Medicine and went to my surgeon is insurance wouldn't pay for this. Two or three times a week plus herbs got to be outside what we could afford fast. I could have been doing that for years.

The acu I have now is a chiro and she encourages the surgery. I have a set of diseased organs and my quality of life is going to improve with them gone. Then we can work on the other symptoms like my bad back, my digestive problems.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register